would a bad situation sway you towards God or away from Him?

i dont believe in God, but i do think about it a lot.

eg i have cancer, and sometimes i think id find peace in knowing that i'll be in heaven soon or that He has a bigger plan for me but other times im like fk its unfair, how could there be a God that would let it happen etc

does that make any sense?

desiree im not sure if you were dropped on your head but maybe try reading my question again... say that first sentence...

you write " How do you know there is a god, I mean, doesn't the complete lack of evidence make you at least think before you blindly believe?"

I wrote "i don't believe in god"

purrrrfe.. i'm not looking to be told i SHOULD believe in whatever.

im asking if anyone has/would let an event sway them either way and if so which way

Favorite Answer

Bad situations has actually done both to me. Has lead me away from Jesus and other situations has made me hold onto Him tighter. Not that I have ever doubted that Jesus existed it's just the times I turned away from Him, I felt I could handle things better on my own, but learned the hard way, I absolutely need Him in my life, no matter what obstacle I have to overcome.

Although I can not answer why bad things happens to us, I do know that in times of need Jesus is there to care for us. We are to put ALL of our trust in Him and trust Him to make the right decisions for us.

I'm truly sorry to hear you have cancer. I know this seems so unfair. But if and when you decide to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, He will carry you through the hard times. I will not tell you He will cure you of your cancer, but if and when He decides to bring you home, the rewards will be so much greater in Heaven than here on earth.

I will pray for you.

God Bless

I have had some very bad things happen to me. I have survived with my mind mostly in tact. And I know because when I could no longer walk, he carried me. And if you saw me, you'd know that that is a feat in itself. So, I would turn to God, and not away. Sometimes I felt like I just couldn't take anymore, but then I did. Was it God? I am inclined to say yes. If not, did someone give me a shot of something?

Watch the movie series called A thief in the night. Then think about it and see what you would do in those situations.

1 - A Thief In The Night

2 - A Distant Thunder

3 - Image Of The Beast

4 - The Prodical Planet

It is a great series for someone that needs info about the book of Revelations. But do remember that it is a movie, and not every word they say came from the Bible. But they do quote it.

No this life makes no sense to me, either. But one time almost 40 years ago, I got into a prayer line at church to ask God for faith, and he touched me and his power was so strong it knocked me out. I spent that time with God, but he didn't let me see him. That is why I know there is God. That is the only reason that I have any faith. I really believe that if God hadn't of spent that time with me I would of gotten completely away from him. I would probably be an atheist. I do struggle here to be a good christian, I fail miserably.Then I really get to thinking about what God did for me and I feel bad for being a bad christian. I never tell people about that one eye opening event that happened to me so long ago, but I felt you needed to know. I believe we will never die. We just go from this one dimension to the next. I also believe we use to be with God, he created us. God Bless

• Neither... I don't believe him so therefore can't blame him for misfortunes. I've faced some pretty crappy situations, molestations, brain cancer, cervical cancer and other crappy things, but I can't and won't blame a god. I'm still here, healthy.... not dwelling on my sick father...and took it one day at a time... I don't blame a god for anything... I blame life... which I cherish... now if this supposed god came down and hung out with me and it was 100% fact this dude is real... then that would change my mind... until then... I take pride in the crappy parts of life cos they build character and it's good experience.

It increases your faith because if you know Him and trust in Him He gets you through it. And He is a God who heals and I hope you find someone who believes that who can share more with you. There is a God, but there is also a devil. God does use the evil the devil does to cause people to turn to Him which saves some of them - this is what happened to me, I was on the edge of the Abyss all hell was loosed in my life and I just wanted out - to die I thought was my only escape, but thank fully I cried out "If there is a God I need to know now or I want to die" and that is what changed everything I cried out and sought Him - this is an important key. Open the door to your heart and He will come in, Your question touched me because I used to think exactly the same as you - if there was a God why do all these horrible things happen? But when He teaches you in His word you get an amazing understanding that the prince of the air who is at work in this world is evil and God is giving us a way out because He loves us all -but you need to ask Him to open your ears to hear and your heart to understanding and the scales to fall from your eyes as it did to Paul on the road to Damascus. Cry out to Him and He will reveal things hidden which bring such joy - you will be utterly amazed and the worries of this world will fade away. I have included some scripture references below - look them up on the internet print them and ask God to open your heart to understanding to them and then speak them out loud and ask Him to remove your unbelief. If you really want to know the truth you WILL find it. For He knows the plans He has for you, plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope! May I ask why you think you are going to heaven if you dont believe there is a God? May you receive a touch from Him who died for you - for I believe He heals sickness and disease. And hope you make some new friends who will teach you more about it For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life!

Source(s):

Jeremiah 29:11 Romans 10:9 John 3:16 John 1:12 John 14:6 Revelation 3:20 Romans 3:23 Ephesians 2:8 1 Corinthians 12:3-4

Source(s): John 3:16 Ephesians 2:8

If you do not believe in God then you have no hope of heaven. I am not trying to be mean, but I do need to be firm with you. It is not enough just to believe in God. You must do his will. Knowing that you have cancer it is urgent that you start now to find out what that will is so you can have the hope of eternity. The following is what the Bible teaches about salvation. Please feel free to email me.

God's Gospel Plan of Salvation: The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, the Son of God (I Corinthians 15:1-4)

HEAR this gospel message (Romans 10:3-17)

BELIEVE this message with all one's heart (John 8:24; John 3:16; Mark 16:15, 16)

REPENT of sins (Luke 13:3,5; Acts 2:38)

CONFESS one's faith in Christ (Romans 10:9,10; Acts 8:37)

Be BAPTIZED for the remission of sins (Mark 16:15, 16; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; 1 Peter 3:21)

*This will make one a Christian and place one into Christ where salvation is and all spiritual blessing are found (Ephesians 1:3), This is synonymous with being added to the one church (Ephesians 4:4). which is Christ's body Acts 2:47; Ephesians 1: 22, 23).

LIVE FAITHFUL to Christ the rest of you life (Revelation 2:10b.)

Please take time to look up these scriptures and study them.

Source(s): Bible
  • STAR

Dear Jkis,

Hello.

Is it possible that all this orderly creation, this enormous world full of great wonders, full of kind hearts and great minds may have come into being without an intellectual creator?

Ask Him to prove Himself to you either by treating your cancer, or by helping you understand that this 'bad' situation is truly good in some respect.

In the Quran, He says 'You may like sth while it is bad for you, and you may dislike sth while it is good for you.'

As we are limited by nature, we cannot discover all the aspects of a situation.

Source(s): www.globalquran.com
  • Rudy

A bad situation will sway me towards God. Because Jesus has taught me to accept suffering as a means to grow spiritually, to become holy like Him. The cross is the way of transforming myself to become more god-like.

Towards him, I'm going through a tough time right now, my father just died, but I turned to God and He will help me through.

I am a Christian, all my family is, I was raised this way, and I believe, but I get what you mean, sometimes I have my moments of doubting it, but ultimately it's a good path through life.

How do you know there is a god, I mean, doesn't the complete lack of evidence make you at least think before you blindly believe?

Then you're a damn fool because you say you don't believe in, not just any god, but "God" and then you talk about this "God" as though this is the only option besides not believing.