Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Didn't Newt Gingrich divorce his wife on her cancer deathbed while he had a mistress?

Can't the Republicans dust off a better relic of the past to be a face of their party?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes, he did. Among many other questionable things.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't care about what who did to what or etc etc

I am a man who has been divorced more then once and I know there is

always extenuating circumstances in every marriage and divorce

Newt Gingrich is the best the Republicans can come up with right now

I am not a Republican but I like to hear what Newt Gingrich has to say

Yes~~Newt is the voice of reason for the Republican party right now

his love life is not relevant

• 4 years ago

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes. And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you. Visit here : https://tinyurl.im/aH20n to find out what all the fuss is about.

• 1 decade ago

"Former House speaker and potential presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has confessed, telling conservative Christian leader James Dobson that he was cheating on his wife at around the same time the House was impeaching President Bill Clinton over his White House affair with Monica Lewinsky."

"Gingrich's first marriage ended after he discussed the details of the divorce with his wife while she was recovering from cancer surgery."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've heard this story but it makes no sense!

Why would a guy divorce his wife who was going to die anyway!

That means she would take half his money - AND THEN DIE!

If he let her just die, then he would keep ALL THE MONEY!

My BS radar is WAY UP HIGH on this story, which I have never seen any evidence for.

• 1 decade ago

Yes and he has never been fully embraced as the "face" of the party by the GOP since he lost his battle with Bill Clinton.

Tom DeLay ate him for breakfast after he lost face against Clinton.... and I think most of Republicans are embarrassed by DeLay so that should tell you something about Gingrich's standing in the GOP.

• 4 years ago

Yep, and then he has the audacity to come out and campaign to "protect traditional marriage!!!" What a jack ***.

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDIbM

• 1 decade ago

What Newt Gingrich does in his private life is not a matter of my concern

he doesn't see what i do in my private life so why would i question him

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Larry Craig was held up in the bathroom. Cut 'em some slack.

• 1 decade ago

Make up your mind. I have heard Newt, Rush, O'Reilly, Steele, etc. are all the face of the republican party. Figure out which one it is first before making asinine statements.

• Didn't Obama's father flee to Africa after the impregnating a young teen so his welfare mother traveled the world with muslim men and abandon barry several times when it was convienient for her and them his father had many more kids with different women who live in huts so...

This is the face of your party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.