Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Penn State or UMD (U of Maryland-College Park)?

I got accepted to 8 schools.

However, I am paying a visit to both schools for their Spring Open Houses.

How do the two schools compare?

Inputs are much appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Sorry I don't know much about Maryland other than I'm a fan of their men's basketball. Anway I'm a Penn State student, and I can tell you that it is truly a great experience. That said, it probably depends where you live as well. If you live in Maryland I think it would be significantly less expensive to go there? Reverse if you live in PA. If cost isn't an issue. I believe that Maryland is slightly more prestigious academically. But, PSU has ways to get involved in extra curricular academics and challenge your mind if youre looking for that. You have a wide range of students at both schools I suspect, and Maryland seems like a nice campus although I've never been there in person.

Penn State is a great school though, and I've never regreted going here for one second even though I got accepted into several Ivy and Patriot league Schools.