Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Samurai vs Sumo wrestler and hand to hand combat. Who would win?

Also no armor.

• Favorite Answer

Sumo Wrestler.

A Samurai is nothing w/o his weapons.

Sumo wrestler would eat the samurai,then the samurai could slice through the sumo wrestler's belly.Match then goes into sudden death!

But seriously,I'd have to go with the samurai,because of the speed advantage.

Sumo Wrestler.

people here who talk about speed of the sumo wrestler being slow are sorely disillusioned.

Watch this vid and learn not only how fast they can be but also how they can take a fall and get back up again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G72bQBMZmzs

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=channel_page

I would say the sumo wrestler because they are fast and they have a lot of muscle under their fat. Their fat is actually strategic because it cushions the blows and impacts they receive something that a samurai would be lacking.

http://samuraidave.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/sumo-m...

This is a wrestling question, but, not the one we're looking for. But, nontheless, I shall answer. I think the mastodon sumo wrestler would win. A samurai trains with weapons, not, hand to hand combat.

Samurai would do much better in hand to hand combat simply for the fact that they're much more agile then a sumo wrestler would be.

Sumo wrestlers are designed to push...

They can be athletically gifted but look at Bruno Sammartino.

He's that old-school, tough, bear that has overwhelming strength.

Plus... chest hair. And nobody wants to touch a guy with chest hair. The sumo would put on gloves or run away.

I think the question asked assumes no swords.

I think I would take the samurai. They have more mobility and would also be trained to fight without weapons. However, I think if the sumo ever got ahold of the samurai, it would be over.

Samurai because there faster and the have a sword.

look at kenshin

• Hondo1

Samurai because they have swords