Do some wrestling fans expect too much too soon from younger/new wrestlers?

I see it a lot, "(name) is so talented he should be a main eventer" but is really that simple? Look at Umaga, great potential to main event but pushed too fast and the fans didn't get into the idea of him as a main eventer, that's just my opinion used as an example. So do you think just... show more I see it a lot, "(name) is so talented he should be a main eventer" but is really that simple?

Look at Umaga, great potential to main event but pushed too fast and the fans didn't get into the idea of him as a main eventer, that's just my opinion used as an example.

So do you think just being a talented wrestler is enough to main event right away or do you think some fans really expect too much too soon and don't let a wrestler really grow into a main event star? Feel free to use any example you like to explain your answer.

BQ: how long does a wrestler need to establish them self before a main event push?