Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Meaningful Quotes. Life changing, sad, love. Do you know any?

Do you know any quotes that are really touching? I'm looking for one that's not too long but meaningful. Something I could remember.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up a whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love."

Source(s): Neil Gaiman
  • 3 years ago

Sad And Meaningful Quotes

• 1 decade ago

Life changing:

"But time to think? If you're not driving ... a hundred miles an hour, at a clip where you can't think of anything else but the danger, then you're playing some game or sitting in some room where you can't argue with the fourwall televisor. Why? The televisor is ‘real.’ It is immediate, it has dimension. It tells you what to think and blasts it in. It must be, right. It seems so right. It rushes you on so quickly to its ownconclusions your mind hasn't time to protest, ‘What nonsense!'"

-Ray Bradbury

Fahrenheit 451

Sad:

But men labour under a mistake. The better part of man is soon ploughed into the soil for compost. By a seeming fate, commonly called necessity they are employed, as it says in an old book, laying up treasures which moth and rust will corrupt and thieves break through and steal. It is a fools life, as they will find when they get to the end of it, if not before."

-Henry David Thoreau

Walden

Love:

"I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you--especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame. And if that boisterous channel, and two hundred miles or so of land come broad between us, I am afraid that cord of communion will be snapt; and then I've a nervous notion I should take to bleeding inwardly."

-Charlotte Bronte

Jane Eyre

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Off the top of my head: One by Satchel Paige: Never look back something might be gaining on you.

The reply given when they ordered for the defenders of the Alamo to surrender. "Go To Hell."

Ludvig Beethoven: I'd like to seize fate by the throat.

Elanor Roosevelt: I think somehow we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.

Source(s): If I had more time and wasn't pushing myself I could remember more
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Paul McCartney once wrote: Nothing in life really stays and it's beautiful that they go. They have to go in order for the next thing to come. You can almost add beauty to a thing by accepting that it's temporary.

Love is temporary. Accept it for what it is and when the time comes, move on with no regrets.

Source(s): Me! ddt
  • 1 decade ago

"We pay for what we give and take."

"You can't run away from your troubles... No place is that far."

"If you spend to much time in someones' life you'll never get one of your own."

Source(s): CSI: Las Vegas and Criminal Minds, Disney World
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're mad at someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them and have their shoes.

• 4 years ago

sad situation by delia bell

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"thoughts about my personality

are knot in your reality"

a lame one by me i wanted to be a poet becuase i couldnt be madonna and it didnt wurk out either!

• 1 decade ago

"Love is a battlefield, Go get some scars"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.