Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

weight loss..not achieved..please help!!?

im about 5'4 or 5'5 i currentl;y weight 124...just last yr i was sucessful at losing weight...i currently have no good method to lose weight again...please dont tell me tht im not fat tht i dont have to lose weight!! i just want to...please help..im on a 1200 -1300 calorie diet..and would like to lose 6 pounds please help me with new wanting to lose more in legs...

58 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only way you’ll ever get a sexy, six-pack abdominal is by getting rid of the layer of fat covering your ab muscles, and if anyone tells you otherwise. Like those infomercials, they’re lying to you!

I’ve already introduced you to two of the best, proven ways on how to lose belly fat:

You lose stomach fat by eating clean and lean.

You burn tummy fat quickly with interval training.

Now, I’ll introduce to you the third piece of the puzzle on how to lose belly fat -- strength training.

Strength training along with the proper nutrition will help you in building muscle. But how does that assist you to lose stomach fat? Well to put it simply, it takes around 30 – 50 calories to help carry 1 pound of muscle. So, by building muscle, you burn off tummy fat faster because the more muscle you have. The more fat you’ll burn!

What is the Best way to Build Muscle in Order to Burn Off Tummy Fat Faster?

The best way to building muscle, and build it fast is by stimulating your body’s own hormones.

When you hear hormones, the first thing comes to mind is sex. Then again, it’s probably on your mind already...

My point is when you hear the word “hormone” you would’t immediately associate it with building muscle. But, there are thousands of different hormones with each one managing a different function of your body and one of it includes building muscle. So the more you know about this powerful connection between hormones and muscle building. The more you can lose stomach fat!

You don’t need a degree in endocrinology, which is the science of glands and hormones to know how to lose belly fat and build muscle. You just need to know what strength training techniques makes best use of your body’s hormones.

There are two important types of hormones in relation to building muscle: anabolic and catabolic. Anabolic hormones build muscle, while catabolic tears them down.

The most powerful anabolic hormone is testosterone followed by human growth hormone and insulin. Men, have more testosterone than women. So yes, men do have an advantage over women when it comes to building muscle and losing tummy fat. But, woman have an advantage in everything else!

Back to my point…

Catabolic hormones include cortisol and progesterone. Too much of these types of hormones cause your body to carry fat and muscle catabolism -- which is when the body eats your own muscle. You don’t want this to happen.

What you do want is for your workouts to increase the anabolic/catabolic release ratio. So, you’ll build muscle and lose stomach fat, and not the other way around.

How do You Train to Let go More of Your Anabolic Hormones, and Less Catabolic?

One word: Intensity. The key to building muscle, and burn off tummy fat fast, the name of the game is intensity.

The higher the intensity you work at, the more you stimulate the endocrine system (where your hormones are produced and then released into the bloodstream) to clear your body’s anabolic hormones, as well as a host of other muscle building and fat burning hormones. Plus you’ll boost your metabolic rate to lose stomach fat even faster because you’ll burn additional calories for hours after your initial workout was over! See, how amazing your own body is at building muscle and burning tummy fat, if you know how to do it properly?

There are several ways to increase the intensity of your strength-training workout. Here are the best ways to do so:

Lift Heavy to Lose Stomach Fat Fast

The more muscle fibers you can recruit, the more muscle building and fat burning hormones you’ll release. Also, by overloading your muscles to its full potential, you build more muscle tissue resulting in a faster metabolism. Lifting heavier weights can only do this.

Lifting lighter weights with higher reps does not give you enough stimulation to get a response from the endocrine system. Lifting lighter weights also builds less muscle, and even worst can lose muscle. Which results in a slower metabolism.

But by lifting heavy, it doesn’t mean to do a lot of two repetition sets like many power-lifters. Instead, doing five to eight rep sets should be a staple of your strength training routines.

Key to Building Muscle and Burning Tummy Fat is Focusing on Compound Exercises

The majority of your workouts should be focusing on compound movements and not isolated movements. Compound movements are any exercises that work multiple muscle groups. Unlike isolated exercises which only target one muscle group.

This doesn’t mean single-isolated exercises have no place in your workouts. It just means don’t focus a big half of your workout on doing them.

Examples of compound exercises include:

Chest Exercises

Bench Press (Barbell or Dumbbell)

Incline Bench Press (Barbell or Dumbbell)

Decline Bench Press (Barbell or Dumbbell)

Dumbbell Flyes

Dips

Shoulder Exercises

Seated Shoulder Press

Standing Overhead Press

Mili

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I studied nutrition in school, and a lot of it had to do with dieting, so I hope this helps.

Your diet has everything to do with putting on weight or losing it, especially if you are a close watcher. Things like bread, cheese, milk, yogurt, dairy products, these are actually pretty harsh on your digestive system, creating mucus in your body and through your small intestine. I know, the government and the "food guide" says all these things are good, protein yaay! But you can get protein from sooo many different sources... nuts.. vegetables.... fruits... if you went on a diet of strictly that, fruits vegetables and nuts, I guarantee you will loose the weight you want to. Even meats; red meat, chicken, even fish might have high amounts of mercury in it... when you cook these meats you basically burn all the nutrients out of them (and you cant eat it raw, right?) and these meats are hard on your stomach as well, they leave traces behind in your arteries and the only way to clear them up is through a natural diet.

Another big thing is sweating. The body sweats out the toxins that are held inside of us, and as a result these toxins can build up in our body and be very harmful to us and our lymph system. You might not believe me, but this has happened; go sit in a sauna for 30 minutes, maybe 3 times a week, and after a month you will have lost maybe 10 pounds. Sweating is the best way to loose unwanted weight put onto our body.

When people tell you to work out and build your muscle... I mean, it's good and all, but remember, muscle is body weight. If you want to lose weight, working out won't really cut it.

Hope all this helps, let me know if you'd like some more information.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The simplest way to look at weight loss is simply this:

First, you need to be smart about the food you eat. As you've probably realized, there's no miracle diet out there. Always make sure your fridge is stocked with fresh vegetables you enjoy. This will make it easier to pick a healthy snack when you get hungry. Make sure to include vegetables in each meal. Lean chicken/turkey is also important if you don't plan on going on a strictly vegan diet.

Secondly, you need to get moving! In order to lose body fat, it's essential that everyday you burn more calories than you gain. It's also important to add a variety of exercises to your routine. If you walk everyday, you're already burning a lot of calories, but it would help if you added an intense workout in the mix, such as sit-ups. If you're already working out intensely, maybe you need to make sure you do some calmer exercises in order to balance it out.

To keep your motivation levels up, make sure to reward yourself for accomplishing daily goals. Find tasty and healthy recipes, find a fun active hobby, or maybe get a dog you can walk everyday.

When you get a routine that works, and stick with it, you'll soon start noticing changes in your metabolism and shape.

Source(s): I found a lot of this information by downloading a free copy of "Training & Nutrition Insider Secrets for a Lean-Body". You can do the same here: http://www.secretbellyfatloss.com/
  • Tracey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well thats a good question because it's very important to choose the right weight class. You are already in good shape from the . You either stay where you're at and fight at cruiser or you drop a few pounds and fight at light-heavy. I would reccomend that you drop a few pounds and fight at light-heavy. The low 180's would probably work out well for you. The reason I say this is because you've trained for power, and you'll need to change your training methods now in order to compete in boxing. You need muscles that are loose and quick. Also height is a big advantage in boxing. A taller boxer with a longer reach doesn't have to work nearly as hard to land his shots. Dropping weight gives you a potential height advantage over apponents whereas gaining weight would do the opposite. Drop the access pounds and you'll be a force to be reckoned with in the light-heavyweight devision.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah, you're at a plateau which means your body has become used to the calories you're feeding it and maintains its weight on it. I would suggest exercising more, especially strength training since muscle does burn more calories. Try not go below 1200, but you can try zig zagging calories to trick your metabolism into burning more...like 1100 one day, 1400 the next etc...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I see nothing wrong on your wanting to be slim. most of us want this. how about the food you eat. to high carb will not help. and higher fats will not work. therefore. try soups and salads. you can have 2 tbs of dressing on a large salad. you can have meats and cheese on the salad as well. but you must eat a fruit salad or fruit juices daily. for breakfast eat nothing but oatmeal with milk. no caffeine, no salt, no sugar. as fruit may be helpful in sweets. this is for a week. hopefully you have no food allergies as they tend to get you fluid filled.

Source(s): adkins, southbeach, waterfall diet. diabetic diets and heart smart diets I've been on. good luck.
  • 1 decade ago

Ha, that is me too. same height and weight. I got this water ionizer, as having alkaline water helps to jump start your metabolism. I just started using it, and while I havent seen effects yet, I do feel more energized.

• 4 years ago

muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week

• 4 years ago

try a pasta less spaghetti by mixing shredded zucchini veggie meatballs and raw tomato sauce seasoned with a dash of zesty oregano

• 4 years ago

when out at a restaurant ask the server to hold the bread snack mix or chips and salsa that might come before the meal if you re hungry youll be tempted

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.