Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 decade ago

i am not good at english would dat mean i would fail sats?

plz tell me and how do i get good at it i try reading any other

Favorite Answer

Reading is a good way to improve. If you dont know a word you read, write it down and look it up later. Learn a new word a day to increase your vocabulary, and try to fit it into everyday conversation.

Ask your teacher for practise papers, or help in general. Good luck with your sats.

The fact that you are concerned is a great start as it means you are likely to start working towards improving!

No, you won't fail. You might not do so good on the reading portion and have to start collage off at a lower level then your peers. Just start reading books. You WILL pick it up. Stop using DAT in a sentence...it's not a word! Good Luck!

Keep practicing as the others mentioned. Go to the SAT website and sign up to get daily questions. It really helps. English is my second language, too. Trust me, I came here when I was 12 and I've learned so much from practicing and being exposed to it a lot.

One good way to help your score is by improving your vocabulary. You can do this by reading good books and finding lists of words (and their definitions) that are commonly used on the SAT.

University Language Services has online reading and writing practice questions you can try:

http://www.universitylanguage.com/quiz/sat/

Good luck!

You obviously need to practise and may I point out that it is practise with and s. Practice is a noun, e.g. a Doctor's Practice. When it refers to the act of practising something, it is spelled with an s. There are several grammatically incorrect mistakes in the answers given. Grammar is spelled thus.

• Maria

Practice.

1. Write properly

2. Read books

Um, improve grammer skills and continue reading. Try buying English SATS papers to improve.

stop speaking in "text speak" would be a good start.

word processing programmes eg microsoft word or works are good ways to learn to spelling and grammar.

just open it up and try typing sentences

Practice Makes Perfect. Why would you ask US? You should be knowing how to study on your own. You're in high school ...