Is replacing Leno with O'Brien on the Tonight Show ageismm?

Jay Leno was born in 1950 and Conan O'Brien was born in 1963.

Oops! I was trying to spell ...

ageism

Favorite Answer

Age has nothing to do with it. From what I have read Leno needs a break. It other words it is voluntary.

I'm not sure. I haven't heard any of the reasons for Leno's departure. Of the two, I've always like O'Brien the best. Jay's done a decent job though. He had big shoes to fill after the king of night time tv, Johnny Carson.

no.there was some sort of deal,once johnny carson retired,that his show would be taken by leno for a specific period of time,then ceded to o'brian.not sure why they did this,maybe they couldnt decide between o'brien and leno,so divided the show into a time period for both? i remember reading about this years ago,that they would each have a shot at it.

No, age has nothing to do with it. I never stay up that late, but I haven't watched since Johnny left. Don't care for Leno.

After Johnny Carson left I quit watching.

After Johnny Carson it just is not the same anyway!

heeeeeerrrrrrreesss Johnny!!!!

• TRAF

Yeah, its time to get rid of that old phart, and replace him with someone that is young, and hip, and cool, and with-it(oops, 60's), and more appealing to the younger set, more appealing to the young audience that TV (and all other US entertainment) is aimed at.

No, I think it's poor judgment. Conan is way, way to silly! I for one won't watch.

• .

Leno is not that funny.

no but obrien is funnier and more loveable.