Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

which type of luxury SUV is great to have?

my mother is figuring out what type of SUV she wants so i'm asking which one is the best?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it really depends on how big she wants it, what she wants from it, and how much she's willing to spend. i'll cover all the bases for you.

a cheaper luxury suv that's small but still is able to go off road well and has an excellent on-road ride is the land rover freelander2 (lr2 in america). it handles like a car, and because it's a land rover, you know it can go anywhere off road. but unlike most off-roaders, the car works well in all areas. and it's starting price is $36,000

if she wants to spend a little bit more money to get a luxury suv with some badge prestige and sporty characteristics, tell her to get the porsche cayenne. basically, it's like an lr2 but slightly bigger. it wont go off road as well as the land rover, but it won't exactly get stuck in the woods either. and it really does handle like a porsche despite it's size. a new one starts at $45,000 for the base v6 with 290 horsepower. that should be the model she should look at unless she wants a lot of power. but in terms of practicality and on-road performance, the cayenne is perfect.

if she wants to spend even more, and wants more space, more luxury, and more off-road capability, then tell her to buy a range rover. a new one is around $75,000, but it's worth it. the interior is so luxurious, you'll swear you're in a rolls royce. it actually handles decently for such a big truck too, and off the road there is no better vehicle to be in.

if she wants 7 seats, tell her to look at the mercedes gl. it goes off road ok, doesn't handle as well as the aforementioned models, but it's pretty decent. tell her to get the diesel model because it gets up to 24 mpg, and it has even more torque.

there's also the toyota land cruiser which seats 8 people, and is just as good off road as the range rover. don't buy it unless you actually need the 8 seats or if you plan to go off road, because on the road it's far worse than any of these. but it is a great, dependable car.

so, these are the best luxury suv's in my opinion. have your mom pick one from the list according to what her needs are, and then buy it!

good luck!

• 1 decade ago

well i depends on the amount of money your mom has if she has a lot of money and wants a flashy suv tell her to get a porchse cayene if she has okay mon tell her to buy an infiniti or saab both are very reliable and wont break the bank to much when it comes to buying a luxury suv if you go onto kbb.com you can click on the perfect car finder and then you put in all the information on what you need and then it will ring up the results then you can compare them side by side hope this helped

Source(s): me and kbb.com
  • 1 decade ago

Depends on what kind of features you want and how large or small of an Suv. I personal like the Ford Explore 2008-2009 and the Tahoe. But I am also just a Ford and Chevy fan.

• borja
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

variety rovers are costly and not very sturdy, you will desire to proabably evaluate the bmw's like the x5. it starts off at approximately 48k for the v6. it particularly is an exceedingly staggering automobile. for the mercedes there is likewise the ML that's around the comparable cost. you will desire to evaluate it. your mom would desire to attempt force them too see which one she likes greater effectual. sturdy success.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I here trail blazers are smooth and wont break the bank Most gm are all smooth rides

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.