Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Do hippies wear "maxi dresses"?

Ok, first of all I am NOT a hippie. I do not hate them in fact I honor their hard work. Instead I am going to have a birthday party and the theme is Hippie. I have spent days in looking for something hippie. And at the moment I am in love with the head bands. I want to know if hippies wear maxi dresses? because they do look rather nice. But if you have any other great ideas I am willing to know.

I a sorry but I am not going to my birthday party naked

I knew they go around naked but to be honest I really wouldn't go to a party when I am naked. But thanks for the idea. I am guessing you go around naked?

I was a hippy in the 70's. I wore maxi dresses or skirts with either tie dye tops or grandad vests or strappy tops. Bead, bangles and flip flops. In the colder weather I wore loon pants with triangle inserts. A fringed waistcoat with a suede wrist band (with mandatory peace sign) Peace sign on leather thong around my neck and long hair parted in the middle. Oh yes, and my guitar slung over my shoulder with Zeppelin, Purple, Hendrix and Cream albums under my arm.

Hope that gives you some insight.

Ah...happy days.

I actually still wear long dresses and still listen to the music even though I have now turned 50.

It sounds like you got the whole hippie look down perfect. I was a kid in the hippie era and yes, they did wear maxi dresses with head bands, I have a few examples of both in my vintage clothing collection,

yeah i reckon they do!

i can imagine a maxi dress with a denim waistcoat and lots of bangles and of course, the head bands.

(i'm not a hippie either!)

• ****

Yes they wore maxi skirts and dresses, cheese cloth tops and sandals and hair bands.

Yes they wear patterned/floral maxi dresses, headbands and gladiator type sandals.

xx

Hippies tripped balls on good acid and had sex in ponds. they diddnt give 2 fcks about maxi dresses or any dresses for that matter cos they were naked and loving it

• yeah they are and put a braid in your hair round your forehead and the rest strait then just anything diedye you can find

x

• nikki

they look a bit hippyish

lol

but everyone wears them, so it's up to your personal opinion in the end

• Sarah

I dont even know what a maxi dress is...

yes they do