Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 decade ago

Can adrenal insufficiency cause high blood pressure also?

I was reading that adrenal insufficiency can cause low blood pressure. but it makes sense to me that it could do just the opposite too! correct?

Update:

I have heard of charged water, but given in a different way by readings of Edgar Cayce. Thanks so much for your information.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Primary adrenal insufficiency, also known as Addison's disease, occurs when the adrenal glands cannot produce an adequate amount of hormones despite a normal or increased ACTH (adrenocorticotropin hormone) level. Most patients with Addison's disease experience fatigue, generalized weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss and low blood pressure with lightheadedness after standing or sitting up.

Treatment of adrenal insufficiency involves the administration of adrenal hormones to mimic the normal output by the adrenal glands.

Underactivity of the adrenal glands is called hypoadrenalism. Many of the symptoms of hypoadrenalism are due to a deficiency of the steroid hormone cortisol, which is a potentially fatal deficiency if left uncorrected.

Other corticosteroids may be used to treat hypoadrenalism, including cortisone acetate, prednisolone (eg Deltacortril) and dexamethasone. However, it is difficult to judge the correct dose of prednisolone and dexamethasone. This may lead to the complications of long-term steroid treatment including avascular hip necrosis, osteoporosis, worsening of diabetes mellitus and HYPERTENSION(high blood pressure).

Cortisone acetate must be converted by the body into an active steroid, and the efficiency of conversion may vary between patients.

You should talk to your doctor for more details.

Take care as always!

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Secrets To Reverse Diabetes : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?xart
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Hypertension Treatment http://sparkindl.info/ControlYourBloodPressure
  • 4 years ago

Type 2 diabetes, usually referred to as adult onset, is when your body produces insulin but can not use it properly. This type can be treated successfully with the right diet and exercise in most circumstances. Read here https://tr.im/ZA9Ml

If blood sugars are not kept under control at some point insulin will probably be integrated / oral medications are also available. People with diabetes can live long, happy lives but must be diligent in their care and make sure you see your endocrinologist on a regular basis.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Adrenal Glands (Point no. 28) :

These glands control and regulate the fire element of the body and so control the spleen, liver and gall bladder and assist in the creation of biles and digestive juices. Qualities like keenness of perception, untiring activity, the drive to action, inner energy and courage are due to proper functioning of these glands. They also intensify the flow of blood, help proper oxygenation and develop organising power-inspire to leadership. They play an important part in the character building of a child.

In the case of disorder of these glands, persons abuse their natural vigour to satisfy their lust or antisocial activities. They suffer from a sense of vain glory and are conceited-become extremely restless-impatient and short-tempered. They cannot have control on diet and suffer from stomach problems and blood pressure.

Case Study:

"A Prince had lost interest in life from the age of 16. He stopped studies in the final year of University and had no interest even in sex. So, he did not marry. At the age of 31, after he unsuccessfully tried treatment under various therapies, he consulted an acupressurist. On examination, his thyroid and adrenal glands were found to be damaged. The acupressurist told that the cause of all his troubles was some type of deep fear, a severe shock which had damaged his adrenal gland. The King admitted that the Prince had at the age of 16 joined him on a hunt and had fallen down from the horse and was miraculously saved from a tiger. Since then he had halucinations and lost interest in life. The prince was given Acupressure treatment and gold-silver-copper charged water to drink. Within 30 days he became normal and started taking interest in his hobby of painting and also in his usual chores."

"A young professor came to our Free Centre on one Wednesday morning and informed me that he was so badly depressed that he desired to commit suicide. I agreed that he should commit suicide on the next Wednesday at 3.00 P.M. But meanwhile, he should take treatment on all endocrine glands and drink charged water during the week and report me on the next Wednesday morning. Thereon that day he came with a smiling face only to inform me that he wanted to live long and enjoy life." His desire to commit suicide had disappeared, Similarly, thousands of such cases can be quoted.

with best compliments from www.saioam.com

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Diabetes Solutions http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?Hif6
  • 1 decade ago

Please see the web pages for more details on Adrenal insufficiency.

Highly technical. Hence no comments.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it can.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.