Sound Card and Surround Sound Speakers?

Hi, i am looking to purchase some surround sound speakers for my computer, and as i was looking for some i came across an article about a sound card. I don't know much about speakers or sound cards, so any help would be great I don't know if this is needed but ill include it anyway: My computer is an... show more Hi, i am looking to purchase some surround sound speakers for my computer, and as i was looking for some i came across an article about a sound card. I don't know much about speakers or sound cards, so any help would be great

I don't know if this is needed but ill include it anyway:

My computer is an Acer Predator, i have windows vista 64bit, 4gb of ram, Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT graphics card, no idea how to check my sound card?

id like to spend no more than probably 200-250ish all up , but i still want good quality sound, so if i have to spend more i will.

Also they will have to be able to be purchased online cuz we live in a remote area.

Any help is appreciated!, thanks