Legal???? i just boat a BOAT AM I SCREWED???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!?

i bought a boat the was sold to the guy i bought it from from the orignal owner. he bought it and nver got around to going pick up the title. i have thenumbers on the side, vin numbers, and a liscens plater on the trailer. what legal actions do i need to do to have it legal in louisiana i also made him write me a... show more i bought a boat the was sold to the guy i bought it from from the orignal owner. he bought it and nver got around to going pick up the title. i have thenumbers on the side, vin numbers, and a liscens plater on the trailer. what legal actions do i need to do to have it legal in louisiana i also made him write me a bill of sale and he has a card the orignal owner gave him like the registration card that he needs to find i paid 200 dollars for the trailer and boat the trailer is in very good shape and the boat is in good shape only 1 hole and i already fixed it . its a 14 foot monark