Can your companion be too vast minded?

My ex-girlfriend, which I've exhausted myself leaping bounds and tripping clumsily for the past year trying to win back, just recently told me that I'm too open minded for her. I think too much, I guess.

She's Seventh Day Christian Adventist, and sticks very strictly to what she is told. When we were together though, life was bliss! We sort of drifted away at the root of summer trees and let the world unwind. We were in love, pretty much.

I never got over her harsh breakup (over the phone), am still in love, and can't stop feeling guilty for I dunno what. Also I see her everyday at school (we're high school seniors). Help?

Best Answer

Anyone can be closedminded. If religion is what is utmost important to her then it will be very difficult for you to win her back over again. Like you said she seems to be more conservative and you are more liberal. So inevitably you two would have total different perspectives on many different issues. That in itself would cause a lot of unhealthy arguments and conflict. This would only be harmful to your general friendship with her and your own well being.

Maybe she cannot be with you because you don’t follow her same religious beliefs. I think that you should just remain being a mutual friend to her. She will contact you if she needs or wants you, trust me. She will make theat first move if it is necessary.

But unfortunately she has ended it for a reason. Although it may be hard for you to accept. The truth is that it is not the end of the road. Just be there for her when she needs you, be her shoulder to lean on when times are rough and see how it will work out for you. Although you may not want to, remember that you must respect this girl and her beliefs. You will have to if you have feelings for her.

I was bliss with a girl but it lasted on a couple of minutes; She asked me out and i said yes then she wanted to make out and I agreed and I was in heaven because it wasn't just bout the kissing. But its the fact that I left this crappy world and I was with a hot girl and we were kissing. And I guess I can never forget those great moments in my life. So I think if you really believe in ur heart that you and her should be together and you can look at the world and all the rules and everything that is going on in it at this time in our lives then I say go for it! I think it is up to you and you will know by learning and experiencing life as it comes. Sorry I wrote a bit much...