Is the intro to my novel any good? Please help!?

I have put the link to the intro of my novel below and would appreciate if you would read it and let me know what you think of it. I would love to get some constructive criticism as well! It's a bit long, but I believe it is worth it.

http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/book.asp?book_ID...

Also, I'm not a teenager trying to write a book like Twilight. I would much rather be seen as writing a novel comparable to Laurell K. Hamilton or Karen Chance. I know it will go through many more editing sessions, but I would like to know what people think so far. I'm 22 if you want to know.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Okay, so of course it has it's minor flaws, it's rough. But I love it! You know exactly how to grab the reader's attention and keep it! I was skeptical, but as soon as I read the synopsis at the top I was drawn in. I was very disappointed when I was reading and discovered there was no Chapter 2 yet. Of course some might assume that you're trying to take the Twilight route, but this is much different. I enjoyed the attitude of the main character because it makes her easy to relate to, and that's what many readers look for. I also liked your imagery and illustration of the scene, I could picture exactly what you intend. I'm starting to rant so I'll stop now, but I can tell just from a chapter that you have the makings of a incredible writer. Thank You, and I wish you well with the book. (:

• 1 decade ago

I really like it:) I think it's a great start! I don't think it's like twilight besides the whole vampire consept but maybe others will so be careful. Anyways I think it's an awesome intro with a descriptive story:) rock on:) hope to buy it at barns'n'noblees some day!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I remember reading this not too long ago, and I positively loved it! It's a really great story and very interesting. If you don't mind, could you post the rest on here when you've written more. I really want to know what happens next.

• 1 decade ago

I read your story before, and like I said then, I thoroughly enjoyed the first dozen or so paragraphs until I learned that it was going to be a vampire story.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

that's not a lot to go on lol but it will be hard to write a vampire book after twilight but best of luck

• 1 decade ago

No, you need more details but its pertty good, I would give it 4 out of 10

• 1 decade ago

I even like the title!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its okay but i would not know because i have not read twilight yet

• 1 decade ago

that is wayy wayy too long for someone to read on yahoo answers...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its really good! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.