How Do You Replace a Nintendo Wii Bluetooth Module?

My Nintendo Wii's bluetooth module fried as a result of modding and I need to replace it. Once I get the chip, how do I install it into my system to replace the old broken chip? I can't seem to find a guide anywhere. Thank you in advance.

Update:

My Nintendo Wii's bluetooth module fried as a result of modding and I need to replace it. I didn't use a modchip to mod my Wii. Everything was fine until I decided to experiment with softmii and preloader. Once I get the chip, how do I install it into my system to replace the old broken chip? I can't seem to find a guide anywhere. Thank you in advance.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd assume you just pull it off and replace it. The gold spots in the picture should be push-in/socket type connectors, at least they look like the same gold spots used with the DS mic and wireless antenna connectors. Check the link.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

once you're saying you have checked the Bluetooth module, did you do away with and reseat it? The Bluetooth module (as you already comprehend) is the main probable perpetrator, extraordinarily as your Wii exchange into dropped. the only different probable candidate may be the A/V connector at the back of the Wii.

• 3 years ago

Wii Bluetooth Module

• 1 decade ago

it is really complicated to explain, but you can try to take the modchip out. to replace the old chip, you have to take it to a professional to open up your wii and insert it in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.