Would being a spec ops operator help me get a job as an alaskan crab fisherman?

I want to be a spec ops weatherman. And i want to get a seasonal job that pays more money than most seasonal jobs. Considering that to be a spec ops guy you have to have alot of endurance, and that is what alaskan crabfishermen are all about. Is it possible to basically put out a "resume" to crab fishing boats to get a deckhand job.

When does the king crab season actually start, well i guess the real question is when is the best time to head out there to give me the best shot of getting on a boat

Favorite Answer

Just go to Alaska and hang in the bars near the harbor... you will see a bunch of them on season and strike up a convo. They may just invite you along, if not... you got some Alaskan vacation in.

Source(s): You want to get out there September/October.

Another one falls victim to the lure of the "Deadliest Catch". I think crab season starts in the fall but there are various species. My understanding is that there is no longer derby style fishing. Now each boat has an assigned quota for the season. My advice would be to have a job lined up before heading up there. Things aren't always the way they look on TV in reality, don't let me crush your dream though. Good Luck. Use the internet to make contacts and send resumes if you are really serious.

go to a place where they fish for crabs and just ask around if anyone needs any help. usually fishing boats pay in streight cash so there will be no taxes taken out. good money hope that helps you a bit good luck good fishin be safe and remember to share the experience

Lets see, infiltration, recon, close combat, small arms proficiency, clandestine operations........against hauling crabs out of the ocean........you tell us.