what kind of camera?!?

I'm really into photography an recently I've been using an old film camera but I want a digital one. I have no idea what kind to get. Should I get a DSLR camera or something else?

Please give me some suggestions of what to buy!

• J.M.F.
    Favorite Answer

It depends on how far you want to go with photography. I would recommend the Canon 5D (Mark 1) if you want to go pro at a low price level. If you want to explore video as well, wait for the next Canon 500D which has full stunning HD. If you want to explore funky effects like motion blur, shallow depth of field etc then just get the cheapest price DSLR you can find. (D)SLRs are good because you can get different lenses, often configure more, connect up flashes, etc etc but they're not good for partying - there are some very high quality compacts out there but you don't get the same control.

You could also just go for a film SLR camera - some photographers LOVE it. I think the biggest reason is there are types of camera film which do stuff digital cameras just cannot do. E.g. infrared photography. UV photography. High contrast photography. Many photographers find films which they swear by because of the unique colour reproduction it has.

if you have some time then visit this link:

www.dpreview.com

judging by the words of your question, i believe u r in search for a pro camera. can u mention your price range so that i can mention a particular camera for you?

I think the best professional cameras are built by canon and nikon, if you just want a very much reasonable priced point and shoot camera then go for sony otherwise canon, nikon and even olympus are the available options.

Source(s): www.dpreview.com

Anything will be better than film!

You cant really go wrong with a digital camera.

it's very important to get digital, because digital advances are threatening the photography career, I don't know why, it's lame, I want to be a photographer, but I would say you can get that if you like, or you can get a cannon, not a cheap cannon, a good one, but there might be a good cheap one out there.

.

.

The answers from people on this site are ridiculous, I am often disgusted at the immature, biased and pathetic comments from people who shout 'Canon' or 'Nikon' without even the slightest idea what they are talking about....

If you are seriously into photography (as I am) then go to dpreview.com and ask your question there, you will get a more mature response from real photographers, you may also contact me via my website for advice..

http://www.ianfisher.info

.

Nikon

You would want to get a camera with a lot of megapixels. This will make your pictures nicer and you can make them bigger and they won't be blurry.

If you wanna stay on the cheap untill you get the hang of it, I definately recommend the kodak easy share, its affordable, easy to use and takes great pictures!

GET SLR CAMERA. Like a 14.2 Megapixel. I love mien.

go to a camera shop???