Waiting for Underwriters approval.....FHA Loan?

My hubby submitted all of his paper work on 3/23and 3/27 How long does it take? We are supposed to close on 4/30/09 which I doubt will happen. Should wmy hubby call now or wait until next week? On the contract it states the written mortgage commitment must be delivered to the sellers agent no later than April... show more My hubby submitted all of his paper work on 3/23and 3/27
How long does it take? We are supposed to close on 4/30/09 which I doubt will happen.

Should wmy hubby call now or wait until next week? On the contract it states the written mortgage commitment must be delivered to the sellers agent no later than April 17th day of April 20th 2009. The date can be extended as stated on the lease.

Also my hubby called the lender Last Fri and the lender said all we do is wait. wait on what?

Right now we are living in an Apartment and we already told the leasing office that we will not be renewing our lease. Our lease is up in the end of May. I pray and hope that everything will be done in time before we have to leave.

One more thing..... His dad gave us a gift loan we filled out that part of the application for the mortgage, but he doesn't want to ask his dad for his bank statement, It was hard to ask him for the loan. His dad gave us a check but we forgot to copy the check we cash it instead in our savings account and printed out the statement and faxed it to our lender. I really hope this would not be a problem.

*We already had inspection done* Now we are just waiting waiting waiting :(
Update: Let me correct what i said about "Gift loan" I meant to say that His dad signed the gift letter. and then my hubby faxed it. He just didn't fill out the part asking for bank information. I tried checking our bank statement for the image of the check but it doesn't show up. We already cashed the... show more Let me correct what i said about "Gift loan"
I meant to say that His dad signed the gift letter. and then my hubby faxed it. He just didn't fill out the part asking for bank information. I tried checking our bank statement for the image of the check but it doesn't show up. We already cashed the check I wish we would of waited to do that, we don't have his dad's bank statement yet,----hubby is afraid to ask. He said he will wait until they ask for it.