QUESTION ABOUT SPOTTING AT 11 WEEKS PREGNANT?

I am 11 weeks a day shy of 12 weeks pregnant. I was spotting on yesterday morning so I went to er.. They checked me out thoroughly. The baby was growing just fine and the heart rate was good. 167 or 176 (can't remember) They said my cervix is good. But I am still spotting today. Not bad. Only when I wipe is when I see the blood. No cramping at all. Just wanted to know if someone had gone through this.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The exact same thing happened to me at 11 weeks.

First time i spotted, it was after a particularly diffiicult bowel movement.

I panicked and went to a&e. They wouldnt check the baby as i was due an ultrasound 4 days later.

But checked my blood levels to confirm i wasnt miscarrying.

I booked myself in for a private ultrasound the day after and all was well with the baby and the sonographer confirmed baby was 'perfect', and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. She also confirmed that the pregnancy was not the source of the bleed, and the placenta was high in the uterus so placenta previa was not an issue.

I continued to spot (only when wiping, and for very short intervals) every other day throughout week 11.

The cause was advised to be one of the following

- A friable cervix-during pregnancy there is increased blood flow to the cervix and can cause small bleeds. I had a tiny spot of blood after sex at week 9 which was explained as this too.

- The pressure and weight of the baby and the addtional blood vessels down there may have been the cause.

- The strain of a difficult poo may have burst some blood vessels down there

- My period may have been 'due' that week. Some women in early pregnancy get small bleeds around the time their period was due. I took clomid, and my periods came every 31 days, so a bleed at 11 weeks is entirely probable for this theory. Also the fact that it lasted a whole week and the last noticible wipe was brown blood leads me to believe this may be true.

I have had no bleeding since, however I hired a home doppler to reassure me.

And i'm happy to say I am 18 weeks 3 days, currently receiving nudges from the little one. We find out the gender next firday :)

The doctor told me that while bleeding during pregnancy is not 'normal' it is very common. Apparently 30% of women experience it and 50% of these women carry to term.

Hope this helps :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Spotting At 11 Weeks

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

QUESTION ABOUT SPOTTING AT 11 WEEKS PREGNANT?

I am 11 weeks a day shy of 12 weeks pregnant. I was spotting on yesterday morning so I went to er.. They checked me out thoroughly. The baby was growing just fine and the heart rate was good. 167 or 176 (can't remember) They said my cervix is good. But I am still spotting today. Not bad. Only...

Source(s): question spotting 11 weeks pregnant: https://biturl.im/V3eQW
  • BLB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Since you've already gone to see the doctors and everything is proving to be fine.... just wanted to throw out there that sex can cause spotting up to 48 hours after doing it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have had sex it may just be from irritation of the cervix as it is blood filled during pregnancy.

Hope all is well :)

• 1 decade ago

No i haven't but make sure you keep your doctor posted and record all changes so you can ask him about it.

• 1 decade ago

when i was pregnant i had a period for 5 months so i had no idea until i had a checkup. no one knows why i had a period for so long.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.