What's the purpose of an Aussiedor?

Ive been googling away today, trying to get info on the cocker spaniel having biting tendencies as per another question last night. (i own one). Now, I know how many backyard breeders are turning out designer dogs at the moment and i only have support for the 'Australian Labradoodle', which is a dog in... show more Ive been googling away today, trying to get info on the cocker spaniel having biting tendencies as per another question last night. (i own one). Now, I know how many backyard breeders are turning out designer dogs at the moment and i only have support for the 'Australian Labradoodle', which is a dog in development in australia under government guidance by the Australian Guidedog Association, to provide guidedogs for allergy sufferers. Even after 30 yrs of cross breeding 8 different dog types, the research is still only beginning. this has unfortunatly led to back yard breeders crossing poodles with just about anything in a false claim of hyper-allergenic dogs. But I came across a 'breeders' website who 'specialises' in aussiedors. A cross between an Australian Shepherd and a labrador. Now, anyone who has ever visited a pound will have come across at least one German Shepherd Lab cross and a few collie lab cross. Why oh why would anyone purposefully cross these two dogs, and what stupid people would pay £100's for one? Im amazed!!!
Then I come across a man who's next door neighbours dog broke through the fence to his dog, resulting in golden x lab pups. He's giving the pups for free to vetted homes, with puppy packs, at 12 weeks, fully vetted and health checked, shots etc, 6 months free pet insurance, and has the cert on show that the dad has now been neutered, and the mum will be spayed on recovery. Okay they made a mistake but at least took responsibility for it, at alot of cost. Another page shows 'Goldendor Retrievers' for sale $400? Arrrgghh, making me angry!!!! lol. Soz, had to rant. If they are going to build websites, put all this work in then why cant they breed responsibly for fecks sake??
Update: Why oh why would anyone pay £450 for an australian shepherd x lab? why?