Something that will dissolve wax?

I want ideas about some things that will dissolve wax that is: #1. Flammable. I can take up the wax from my old candles, or the cheap wax I can find around, and dissolve it to make some kind of fuel I could somehow use. #2. Nontoxic. I'm concerned how apples are waxed to be made shiny, so if possible I... show more I want ideas about some things that will dissolve wax that is:

#1. Flammable. I can take up the wax from my old candles, or the cheap wax I can find around, and dissolve it to make some kind of fuel I could somehow use.

#2. Nontoxic. I'm concerned how apples are waxed to be made shiny, so if possible I could dissolve the wax off of them. I don't want it to be toxic 'cuz obviously I want to eat the apple afterwards, and I don't want it to be dangerous for the environment. I could try to salvage the wax collected to be used in candlemaking or fuel (see #1).

Thanks for your input. Constructive answers only.
Update: I'm not using the "fuel" in an engine btw. The liquid solution could probably be used in an oil lamp? Something like that.
2 answers