What are the seven races of man?

I'm just interested because my grandmother who is Irish Catholic said she was taught about the seven races of man in school and when I told her I'd never heard of that, she looked at me funny. I can't find anything about it on the web, so maybe it's being covered up. It can't be too ancient.... show more I'm just interested because my grandmother who is Irish Catholic said she was taught about the seven races of man in school and when I told her I'd never heard of that, she looked at me funny. I can't find anything about it on the web, so maybe it's being covered up. It can't be too ancient. She went to a boarding school near Dublin during WWII, so it should be pretty standard textbook material.

I found four races, five races, 16 races, but no seven races of mankind. Have you heard of this or been taught this is school? What are the seven races of man?
Update: Marixel. That's nice. But truth be told, there are differences in mankind identifiable by ethnicity which help associations categorize and quantify with migrations, adaptations, languages, and medical differences. The more we know, the better. I also am not racist, understanding I live in the new world of a... show more Marixel. That's nice. But truth be told, there are differences in mankind identifiable by ethnicity which help associations categorize and quantify with migrations, adaptations, languages, and medical differences. The more we know, the better. I also am not racist, understanding I live in the new world of a unified culture where race should have no social importance. but I am not stupid either. It does have medical and scientific importance. Your comment almost makes me want to appear racist to differentiate myself from you because you so ardently oppose acknowledging differences in skin tones.
Update 2: Sharon P.... did Yahoo answers just censor *******? N3gr0!d ?..... THIS IS SILLY!
Update 3: I was thinking about that, Nola. But then I though about the Indians/ Iranians, indigenous peoples- even between indigenous you've got the inuits and the amazonians. And lately I learned that only 5 peoples developed distinct writing systems about the same times: Indus Valley, Chinese, Mesopotamia, Egyptian... show more I was thinking about that, Nola. But then I though about the Indians/ Iranians, indigenous peoples- even between indigenous you've got the inuits and the amazonians. And lately I learned that only 5 peoples developed distinct writing systems about the same times: Indus Valley, Chinese, Mesopotamia, Egyptian Phoenician, Mesoamerica. Maybe these are the races? Who knows. But that three race thing seems very Biblical to me with the 3 sons of Noah and the tribes and all.