Why does the AFL use 4 points for a win and 2 points for a draw?

I've been playing Aussie Rules here in California for a few years now, and the best answer I've gotten to this question is that "it's always been that way." I also have read a bit on the history of the sport, and still haven't got a clue. Why is the "traditional" point system... show more I've been playing Aussie Rules here in California for a few years now, and the best answer I've gotten to this question is that "it's always been that way." I also have read a bit on the history of the sport, and still haven't got a clue.

Why is the "traditional" point system 4-2-0 instead of 2-1-0 (like many other sports)?
Update: I understand that there's no actual difference between 2-1-0 and 4-2-0 (just because I'm asking the internet a question doesn't mean I'm a numbskull).

I'm wondering where it came from, why it has been 4-2-0 when most other sports started at 2-1-0 and stayed there for nearly a century.