Engine: V6 3.2L MFI (LY9) DOHC?

What do these mean? What's 3.2L and MFI and DOHC?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

v6 is the configuration of the cylinders. i.e. two banks of 3 cylinders.

3.2L is the engine capacity. That is the total volume of the cylinders. 3.2L is 3.2 Litres, so each cylinder is 1 sixth of 3.2L (because there are 6 cylinders).

DOHC is Double Over Head Cams.

MFI i'm not sure, I imagine that would be Multi point Fuel Injection. That would mean there is more than one fuel injector per cylinder.

LY9 looks like it's just a model number.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3.2L is the engine size, and MFI i think is multiport fuel injection and DOHC is dual overhead cam meaning that both sides of the engine has a camshaft

• 4 years ago

In the common parlance, MPI and MFI are actually two different ways of referring to the same system. MPI breaks down as "multipoint injection," and MFI stands for "multipoint fuel injection." You could also abbreviate the latter as MPFI, MI or Fi. BMW originally dropped all but the last letter when referring to the same system and still uses the old "-i" suffix in spite of the fact that the company no longer manufactures a car without fuel injection.

• 1 decade ago

dohc means dual overhead cam 3.2 liter engine 6cylinder is the kind of engine in your car, lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Louise
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awTwc

Multiport fuel injection... Their is a injector by each cylinder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.