-Jr- asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Friend hasn't Slept in 3 Days... Whats wrong?

Okay, one of my friends hasn't slept in 3 days... about to go on to 4. She took some store Sleep pills and didn't work. She went to the doctors today and the doctor gave her pills to take to go to sleep. She took them and still cant sleep. She didn't go back today because they were closing. I was just trying to find out what might be wrong. I told her that her skull might be to tight. Causing pressure on her brain or something. But I'm no Health Expert! lol

Any help? -Thanks

Update:

Okay yeah she did say that she has been getting some big thumping head aches. I know her, she is stressed and depressed alot. so I guess that could be it.

Update 2:

oh, and fainted about 3 months ago... never happened to her.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I'm afraid she is suffering from the possibly fatal disease, Bacterial Endocarditis which prevents an invididual from going to sleep. This is the result of a chemical reaction between the axotide blimus and the nervous system bacterial material which only happens in 1 in every 15 000 people. I'd recommend that your friend gets a better doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, okay. First of all, she should definitely go to the doctor and describe any other symptoms. If she is experiencing pain, I can understand why you might think that it is the product of a tight skull.. otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

Insomnia can have many sources, but I think that the skull thing might be jumping to conclusions. One of the main sources of insomnia, or sleep disorder in general, is stress. If she is experience any symptoms of anxiety, this could definitely contribute to insomnia, and it can be a viscous cycle, worrying and not sleeping, and worry about not sleeping. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder a couple of years ago, and put on an anti-depressant. I took ambien to help me sleep for four months, but eventually I balanced out enough to sleep on my own.

• 1 decade ago

She could be anxious or worried about something which would be causing he not to sleep. When I was 12 my parents were having money problems and I would always over hear them talking about it. It eventually got to me which caused me to have sleepless nights for weeks. After a while I kind of snapped out of it so I believe it was from depression and which may be the case for your friend as well.

• 1 decade ago

inability to sleep can be caused by emotional trauma

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ya sounds like they were on some drugs that have been keeping them up.

• 1 decade ago

maybe insomnia? or a sleeping disorder?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

racing thoughts? is she stressed?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he's on crackk

HELP ME WITH MINE ITS URGENT!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoXAf...

• 1 decade ago

idk, she prob just has sleeping issues!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.