Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Fox News now reporting another 4 people shot today in Alabama?

Is there an increase in this type of happenings in America or does it just APPEAR that it is on the increase with the 24 hour news...if it IS on the increase what is the reason for the increase??...and what is the remedy??

Update:

Ahhh yes, I love it when you loving,caring, for the little guy(unless you're an unborn fetus) inclusive, tolerant libs show just how hateful, uncaring, exclusive and intolerant you libbies truly are...

Update 2:

musicman..good luck trying to educate the dolts who considers themselves the smartest of us all...just ask them....

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

When people lose their jobs, they lose their livelihood, they lose their minds and they take out their frustrations on others before putting the gun to their own temple and pulling the trigger.

No worries though -- that "stimulus" is only 9 months out...maybe we can keep the death toll under 10K while people suffer

This, from George Soros no less:

The U.S. economy is in for a "lasting slowdown" and could face a Japan-style period of relatively low growth coupled with high inflation, billionaire investor George Soros said on Monday.

Soros, speaking to Reuters Financial Television, also warned that rescuing U.S. banks could turn them into "zombies" that draw the lifeblood of the economy, prolonging the economic slowdown.

George Soros

AP

"I don't expect the U.S. economy to recover in the third or fourth quarter so I think we are in for a pretty lasting slowdown," Soros said, adding that in 2010 there might be "something" in terms of U.S. growth."

Inflation hits the lower/middle classes the hardest -- add cap and trade and the dollar is leveraged yet again. It's strange the policies proposed hurt the very people they campaigned to help.

Promise the world and deliver a table globe.

And of course, don't forget to visit the CBO -- read the reports that point out these very problems...sometimes forecasting comes in handy, for those willing to pay attention: "Figures never lie, but liars always figure"

www. cbo. gov

"The more one considers the matter, the clearer it becomes that redistribution is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."

Bertrand de Jouvenel

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++E

Edit:

Gun violence in Australia didn't go down w/ a "total gun ban" -- burglary increased...murder remained static. You have to understand, people who don't respect the laws in the first place aren't going to abide by a recall of guns. Those people that are thieves will continue to steal and those who will commit murder will continue to do so. You merely disarm law abiding citizens...

http://www.gunsandcrime.org/auresult.html

Crime increasing "Down Under" - 2000

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTI...

Sydney - Crime rates double 2006

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/sydney-gun-cri...

Source(s): Edit: Gotta try -- it's not that they're incapable of grasping the ideas, it's that they're basing their very strongly held positions on propaganda. It's easy to latch on to Party tag-lines...I know, I used to do it -- until I realized those tags didn't align with reality. "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)" The dumbing down is upon us...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbing_down Keep fighting the good fight.
  • 4 years ago

I heard this news the other day and i thought there was other states involved. During the primary they required photo ID in Illinois and the obama camp objected. humm, wonder why. I agree, esp. during the general election they need to require voter reg. cards and photo ID. How many times have you heard of dead people voting? I wouldn't put anything past the dirty chicago political machine. I think the dems have proven they can no longer be trusted. ABC interviewed Bill Clinton in africa, he indicated he would have something to say about the primary and the things that were done, in Jan. I am sure it will shine a light on the whole process that allowed the candidate with less votes to be the nominee.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Id like to know how many people in prison feel that they had good supportive families. Exactly.

Ronald Reagan said that family begins at the dinner table. Unless we have more committed parents with actual family values, more single and welfare moms are going to be raising future jail inmates supported by the taxpayer when young, and supported by the taxpayer when theyre older.

We also need to expand the death penalty for child molestation (8 and under) in open and shut cases and stop giving them light sentences and in some cases just probation. The situation is unacceptable.

• Edg1
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well at least the REPORTING is up. If shootings are indeed on the rise it would have to be in reaction to the country being destabilized by 0bama.People(and rightly so)panic when the jobs dry up, there is a foreign threat, the news is always frightening and their perception of safety and secutity is destroyed.

This is called the inevitable result of "Change".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most of these mass killings in recent times have been attributed to job losses. Without a doubt, the number of mass killings has gone up from last year. However, the news' coverage of the events makes it seem overhyped and out of control, as though its going to happen in your neighborhood tomorrow.

On average over 10,000 Americans are killed every year from firearms. Overall, tens of thousands of people are killed every year by guns and everyday accidents, but the mass killings are covered more because they increase viewership and ratings (which makes them more money w/ the advertisers).

The only remedy would be improving economic conditions, but isolated incidents of people going on shooting sprees will always be present in our society (because anyone who isn't a convicted felon can buy firearms).

• 1 decade ago

We are experiencing a huge increase in stress as a nation, and these shooting sprees are the tip of the iceberg. What lies under that is fear, despair, rage, and hopelessness. Job loss, home loss, families torn apart, no health care, savings wiped out... many people are on thin ice, emotionally and financially.

And this is the result.

• 1 decade ago

We don't need this again Violence and Madness is gripping America and I guess nobody seems to even stop It, whats the remedy take guns out of the hands of Mentally Ill and Violent Criminals all members of the General Public need to take note of that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To bad it didn't happen in San Fransico or some other liberal state.

Its the begining of the end, and liberal politics have brought on more tragedy and pain faster then anyone thought possible.

Better get right with God and buy some ammo before Obama admin. taxes it beyond your reach.

• 1 decade ago

Stop the rhetoric that whips up irrational fears among the public.

Richard Polawski, the 23-year-old man who decided to kill three Pittsburgh police officers and wound three others because it appears he was afraid they -- at the behest of the Obama administration -- were going to take his guns away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Al Copone & john dillinger

were the great depresion HERO's of the time

i wonder who's going to rob banks for the unemployed today?

ha h aha h hah aha

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.