Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

ALL INDIAN CRICKET FANS, ICC CRICKET RANKINGS DID A VERY BIG MISTAKE TODAY?

ICC Cricket Rankings is some kind of a joke or what? do they feel we are fools?

Before this Test Match (3rd Test Ind vs NZ, 2009), India had played 43 Matches, but after this 3rd Test Match, according to ICC, India had played 47 matches? it should be 46 Matches and NOT 47 Matches

When India went NZ, they had played in total 43 Matches, they played 3 Test Matches in NZ, so it becomes 46 Test Matches AND NOT 47 TEST MATCHES

See this Google Archives http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:c3tlzQVrMr4J:i...

See the Rankings now, (see the number of Matches) http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/rankings/rankings.htm...

I STRONGLY THINK INDIA IS RITE NOW 2ND IN RANKINGS

REPORT THIS TO INDIAN MEDIA PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ICC SUCKS

HEY GUYZ EVERYTHING IS CORRECT, INDIA WIL BECOME NO. 1 IN FUTURE, I KNOW BUT WHAT ABOUT THESE KIND OF STUPID MISTAKES? NOW WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THAT ICC DIDN'T DID THESE KINDS OF MISTAKES IN PREVIOUS MATCHES ALSO? FIRST SACHIN IS NOT IN THE GREATEST CRICKETERS RANKINGS AND NOW THIS KINDS OF MISTAKES, REALLY I HAVE LOST FAITH IN ICC

I ALSO DOUBT ON THE INTEGRITY OF THE ICC RANKINGS AND THEIR SYSTEM, DATZ F*****G POOR ON THEIR PART

Bill P : Cricinfo is not an official ICC website nor Reliance mobile rankings or LG rankings r official ICC rankings, so what they update or what any other site update is not an 'OFFICIAL' thing

ICC's OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS http://www.icc-cricket.yahoo.net

AND CAPITAL MEANS ITS MY ANGER ON ICC

In case the rankings gets updated, I save the cache yet again http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:c3tlzQVrMr4J:i...

Favorite Answer

you are right, it is sorry to see the pathetic rankings.

India won the series and then also dropping by a point and NZ lost the series and then also raising by a point, really really sorry state of affairs !

i think the simple formula they use is average formula

which is :

(p1+p2+p3+p4+...+ pn) / n

and of course if you increase "n" intentionally or unintentionally lol ;), the ranking would reduce, your point is well understood, ICC are BS organisation, anyways who cares, they have no brains ~

so ideally the ranking is :

5498 / 46 = 119.52 ~ 120 ( by rounding off law)

India comes second in ranks

this is not the only problem with them , they are sheer brainless guys who have no idea of correction factors, i don't follow this system however people don't understand my point of weighted averages with correction factors , so i just stopped pouring water on stones , ICC is clever lol they will say it is a mistake if someone pointed it out , anyways such mistakes are not mistakes , they are intentionally done and this is mispresentation to the world , but i don't care we will be no 1 ~

Source(s): i remember a beautiful old quote again today: "sometimes there ain't enough rocks"
  • Bill P

I just pick the rankings up from Cricinfo. They haven't been updated yet. I would think that with India winning the series in NZ they would got to second spot on the rankings. I feel that Cricinfo probably picks up errors and corrects them before going on to the Cricinfo site.

Robi, watch the capitals.

Edit: Fair enough Robi, but they tend not to make mistakes like that.

First of all,, Hat's off to you for noticing it and ya, i do agree, who knows, if ICC would have done, such mistakes, in the past... But, i still believe that no matter who or what they or any one does, if it meant for team India to be No.1, in the world, then no one can stop them from being No.1, cause if they this form and consistency, in a short time they sure will , and no one can stop them from reacher there

• ?

You have a valid point.But my point of view is thatIndia will surely become number 1 side in both tests & odis in 1 & a half year's time.

Yes, the mistake might cost India the second spot;but the mistake won't prevent Team India from clinching series win in New Zealand after 41 years.

Ithink,ICCare doing this intentionnaly to alow South Africa to keep their second spot.

Yes it was a great blunder.But soon India will come at top.

man u r correct

interesting

Source(s): kashikooler979.brain

You are absolutely right.

you have really a going point.

definitely i will forward it to all.