Any information on Infantile Spasms?

My three month old is having some symptoms like after she wakes the knees to the chest arms across her chest. The head bobbing forward. She will just be laying there and her arms go to the side. When shes on her back the tends to like stick her left side of her stomach out. Some times she just stares into space and i can't get her attention. Now I don't know anything I can look for or do to be sure. I would just normal think it was normal behavior except for the fact of lack of Oxygen and there was a knot in her cord. I don't know anything would be helpful.

Favorite Answer

I'm just going to say, talk to her doctor.

hi my call is Frances purely examine your e-mail concerning your son who has been clinically determined with infantile spasms. My husband and that i sense for you as our daughter has been clinically determined with an similar conditon, she is 6 month's of age and we were informed this about 2 weeks in the past. We purely sense your discomfort as we try to comprehend what the destiny holds for our daughter. I no this isn't the answer for your question tho be at liberty to the contact us as we may be able to percentage one yet another's options?

I'm actually a little confused by your question. Have you asked your pediatrician? Babies in general have terrible muscle control, jerky movements are normal, and different parts of their stomach will stick out at different times. If something seems very abnormal, contact the doctor.

Source(s): Parent of 4.