Looking for a mystical movie set in the 18th or 19th century?

I'm not really sure how to describe what I'm looking for. I find this era to be pretty interesting in a mysterious and mystical way. For example the new scientific advancements that almost seemed like magic, which blended the idea of scientists with conjurers. The new lands that were being discovered... show more I'm not really sure how to describe what I'm looking for. I find this era to be pretty interesting in a mysterious and mystical way. For example the new scientific advancements that almost seemed like magic, which blended the idea of scientists with conjurers. The new lands that were being discovered with all of the mysteries and dangers that they provided. The images of misty London streets at night.

I'd love a movie made in somewhat modern times that is set in this time period and has a mysterious and mystical feel to it. A sense of discovery and wonder, mixed with the classy and refined feel of this era.

I'm not sure if I've explained myself well but if anything comes to mind please let me know! The time frame could go back even farther if it fits the description I've made.

(I've already seen Master and Commander, The Prestige and I'm about to see The Illusionist)
Update: I just found out that this genre, or one that is similar to the one I mean is called "steampunk": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk