Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

how's my fantasy team? should i pick up anyone?

i have a distaste to draft players based on potential and one-year wonders. i'm all about track record.

c-ivan rodriguez

1b-albert pujols

2b-ian stewart

3b-mike lowell

ss-edgar renteria

of-j.d. drew

of-ken griffey jr.

of-mike cameron

util-todd helton

bn-gary sheffield

bn-kazuo matsui

bn-rick ankiel

bn-shin soo-choo

SP-andy pettitte

SP-kevin millwood

RP-kevin gregg

RP-grant balfour

P-chan ho park

p-jeremy guthrie

P-chris volstad

bn-wandy rodriguez

some of the better available players i'm considering

c-jason varitek, aj pierzynski, jarrod salmacchia, dioner navarro, kelly shoppach, jesus flores

1b-paul konerko, adam laroche, lyle overbay, nick johnson, tony clark, ryan garko, casey kotchman

2b-orlando hudson, luis castillo, freddy sanchez, jerry hairston jr, mike fontenot, ronnie belliard, mark ellis, rickie weeks, akinori iwamura, aaron hill, asundral cabrera

3b-scott rolen, eric chavez, casey blake, ty wiggington, joe crede, bill hall, josh fields, andy laroche, david freese

ss-nomar garciaparra, david eckstein, orlando cabrera, khalil green, cristian guzman, ryan theriot, yunel escobar, jed lowrie

of-jack cust, coco crisp, juan pierre, mark teahen, jose guilien, eric byrnes, randy winn, nick swisher, willy taveras

SP-john smoltz, barry zito, tim wakefield, tom glavine, jeff suppan, bartolo colon, brad penny, scott olsen, randy wolf, russ ortiz, kris benson, doug davis, jarrod washburn, john maine, ben sheets, kyle lohse, jamie moyer, joel pineiro, bronson arroyo, anibal sanchez, jason schmidt, vincente padilla, braden looper, zach duke, jose contreras

rp: brandon lyon, bily wagner, scot shields, rick porcello, jj putz, joey devine, dan wheeler, manuel corpas, rafael soriano, jon rauch, hideki okajima, takashi saito, scott downs, juan cruz, cj wilson, octavio dotel

11 Answers

Relevance
  • sheb12
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it is good...put in jesus flores just don't put in aj pierzynski. he is not good! :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

How many teams are there in your league? Do you pick last out of 18 or something?

Definitely pick up a catcher. I'd go with Jarrod Saltalamacchia or Kelly Shoppach.

You're fine at first.

I love Mike Lowell, but his health is questionable.

Outfield - those guys are ANCIENT - except for Drew who can't seem to stay healthy!

Todd Helton is washed up and Sheffield was just RELEASED by the Tigers. He'll be a part-time player for the Mets.

Chan Ho Park is still in the majors? Really? And your pitching looks weak overall.

There doesn't seem to be much available on the wire in your league. You may want to see if some younger players are available. they may not be ranked high, but probably have more upside than the garbage you have to choose from.

• 1 decade ago

maybe jj Putz

get rid of ivan bc he barely playes

right now drop matsui his he still in the league?

heres my team buddy

c- McCann and Victor Martinez

1b pujols and texeria

2b pedrioa and uggla

3b david wright and longoria

ss rollins and tulowitzki

of sizemore soriano carlos lee and ludwick

bn ortiz and derrick lee

sp sabbithia hamels leccium webb and cliff lee

rp K-rod and lidge

Source(s): A little birdie told me
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your team is horrible. Ivan? Renteria? Drew's too streaky, Griffrey?? Mike Cameron? Sh!tfield? Matsui? U should drop all these players for real.

And who's your best pitchers? andy pettitte and kevin millwood LOL. and wuts chan ho park doing there LOL.

Source(s): C'mon man.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Catcher is major weak point. Out of the ones you listed.........I would take AJ Pierzynski

No too thrilled about 2nd base............ Orlando Hudson would be on my team

• 1 decade ago

Drop Pujols for Tony Clark. Clark is on a pace to hit 324 homers this year. While Pujols is on pace to hit none.

• 1 decade ago

Dude, your catcher doesn't even play. None of those catchers are very good. Pick up John Baker for your catcher. Good luck

Source(s): Fantasy Pro for ESPN and ABC. I want for MLB next
  • 1 decade ago

not that i know much about all the players in the major leagues. but what about pedrioa or youkilis? they were fielding leaders last year and also amazing hitters! although i hate the yankees, what about derek jeter?

• 1 decade ago

Out of your list of RP, id probably pick up Wagner if i were you...drop gregg

• 1 decade ago

YOUR TEAM..........ABSOLUTELY SUCKS..........YOU NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY TEAM:

1B CARLOS PENA, JAMES LONEY

2B IAN KINSLER, EMILIO BONAFICIO

3B CASEY BLAKE, FELIPE LOPEZ

SS STEPHEN DREW, RYAN THERIOT

OF RYAN BRAUN, CARLOS LEE, NATE MCCLOUTH, CAMERON MAYBIN, JORDAN SCHAFER

CATCHER JOE MAUER(DL) CHRIS SNYDER, KURT SUZUKI

SP CLIFF LEE, EDISON VOLQUEZ, MANNY PARRA, JAPAN DUDE FOR ATLANTA

RP JOSE GUY FROM ANGELS JON RAUCH NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER ONES

Source(s): COLE32791 CHECK MY TEAM OUT
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.