Bob asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What are some healthy lifestyle changes to make?

So I've started drinking more water. I drink Green, White, and Chai tea. I also bought the stainless steel water bottle, and I bike for about 20-30 minutes a day. I consider these healthy lifestyle changes. I was wondering if you could provide more suggestions along these lines.

Favorite Answer

There are 5 elements in a healthy lifestyle.

1. food

2. exercise

3. sleep

4. happiness

5. extra healthy things

1. Food, we don't really know that much about nutrition, we do know a blanced diet, with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables is good for you. Meat is pretty good, if it is lean and not eaten too often....ideally I might eat meat once or twice a week. A good healthy diet can include some indulgences.

2. Exercise, you should do some. Though I don't recommend routine exercise, cycle 2 or 3 times a week, join a social sports club, eg, tennis, go hiking on weekends, swimming is one of the best exercises for the whole body. If you vary your exercise, then you will enjoy it more and do more.

3. Sleep. A lot of evidence says if you don't get enough sleep you will have problems, eat more, metabolise your food differently and die young.

4. Be happy, enjoy your life. Drink dance, eat chocolate, but not all day, everyday.

5. Then there are all the little extras. eg, green tea (there is no such things as Chai tea....chai means tea, it is an indian word derived from the chinese word Cha, meaning tea), red wine, brocollie and beetroot, lots of things than can boost your body, ginger, garlice and hundreds of other things that you can add to your diet to make things a little better.

Don't obsess, don't live by a book or a routine, just be healthy.

Cool, yeah all these sound really positive changes health wise.

Take supplements such as cod liver oil - this is a good habit to get in for life. Taking it daily has been proven to be beneficial for joint health as well as tonnes of other things.

You could aim to get 5 a day of your fruit n veg (this includes juices)

Take up swimming or jogging aswell as cycling.

Try to eat more oatmeal for good cholesteral.

Try to get 3 portions of fish per week for your omega 3

Give up eating red meat or processed meat like burgers/sausages

The list could go on depends on what youd be willing to start doing.

You could always sign up to the gym and go everyday!

stop with the tea crap. it doesnt work. I KNOW. ok? so if ur gna drink tea, drink

LIPTON YELLOW LABEL tea and be done with it.

biking is great, keep it up! :D

i like to bike for ten-twenty mins and then go for a walk at the local oval.

i do laps for my age..im 18 so i do 18 laps.

2L water a day is a good idea, and take calcium, fish oil and vitamin C tablets..coming into winter theres lots of germs going round and these vitamins will help strengthen your immune system, so you wont catch a cold or flu. or anything else out there!

convert to a water drinker only if possible. my boyfriend converted me and now all i drink is water. its great, and doing these things, ive lost about 5 kg already and i feel happier and more strong.

Source(s): experience, knowlege, common sense

meditate for at least 15 minutes every day.

add on or substisute 2 days biking for 20-30 minutes of stretching and heavy breathing.

it's helped me way more than anything else I've tried.

finally at least someone who wants to put a stop to all these obese children.

- no smoking or doing drugs.

- well balanced meals.

- do not over eat.

- do not under eat.

- get 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week.

- be happy with your body.

High protein - milk, cheese, yogurt, meat and eggs. Combine with complex carbohydrates like cereals, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes to feel fuller for longer and add veg and fruit for vitamins and minerals

• Yurri

well i don't know what your current life style to suggest changes..

eat 3 times a week steamed fish. no fried food and try eatting organic food. maybe add swimming once a week? also try to have a laugh and fun.

• don't smoke, drink or take drugs. more exersize such as running and light wieghts maybe go running with light wieghts,if you like doing exersize eat crbohydrates such as pasta and **** like that, then youll be unreal healthy.

Source(s): thats fukn healthy

Dont smoke or take drugs