do you believe that this saying is true?, "good guys finish last"?

it seems that everywhere i look that all the tough mean guys are getting the chicks and the nice, possibly shy guys are getting nothing...

i mean yes, the are alot more factors that play into this but in general it seems that nice guys get nothing

if i was a girl i rather take a guy that actually respects me and treats people nicely than a mean "badass"

Favorite Answer

I was going through a phase like that in my life.

Good guys finish first.

A "Badass" will never be content in his life. Maybe temporarily, but not permanently. A good guy will find a good girl. All those "chicks" you mentioned are probably just attention-seeking, no good, conceited girls. Good for sex but that's it. =S

I was an ex-playa.. but i hung up my boots for this amazing girl. I changed my ways for her and now she's convinced im a good guy.

Unfortunately for us nice guys, girls want a more adventurous kind of relationship, at least early on, eventually they will decide that they want to settle down, and actually will look for the nice guys, but that's later when they've matured. So yes, I do believe that "Nice Guys Finish Last" especially because I've tried for years to get a girlfriend, and I'm almost 19 and have yet to get a girl to see me as more than a friend or brother.

Source(s): Rejection
  • Mumsey

No good guys do NOT finish last, they live longer cause they have no regrets about treating people badly. Hey if you know you have done right by people, you can sleep at night and there are good looking, hard working girls that want a NICE guy, but those girls are busy taking night classes trying to make themselves better, they won't be some lounge lizard sleeping in til 2 in the aft.

In todays generation, most of the time, that saying is true.

I mean, I LOVE a nice gentleman who I could trust with my life (aka my boyfriend :])

Anyhow, most girls today just need a boyfriend for the sake of having a boyfriend. Not because she love him but because all her friends have boyfriends soooo she chooses the "badass" to make her look better than all her friends. Most of my friends are like this and havent had a relationship that lasted more than a month and everytime they claimed they were "truly" in love with the asshole. It drives me up a wall.

Ive been with my boyfriend for almost 4 months and I love him more everyday. He is soooooo sweet to me. Nicer than anyone has ever been and hes one of those people who put personality before looks or body.

Im assuming your one of the nice guys so I wouldnt give up hope and that youll get a girl who loves you for you and not for the sake of having am

Are you very young? As you get older that tends to be less true. If you're truly a nice person and authentic with people then someone will find you attractive. Get out and meet a variety of people and maybe volunteer somewhere because some of the people who volunteer (that I know) have kind hearts and value that in others. Good luck.

the reasons girls sometimes go to the BA's is because they are scared. Nice guys that are really sweet and funny are more serious. Girls know if they fall for guys like us the nice guys they will be in a real relationship. Relationships are what BA's dont truly know how to give which is why alot of girls go for them

Here's how I view the problem, because girls have a similar problem...

Girls and guys are insecure and don't want to go out on a limb to tell someone they like them, so they don't, especially the good ones. Frequently the bad***'s and the skimpy dressed girls aren't afraid of rejection (assuming), so they let who they like know it.

As a girl I can speak for myself, I would never date someone who wouldn't respect me, and the rest of womanhood. You'll find the right one eventually, just hang in there :)

• Shy guys finish last. You can be nice as hell and as long as you're confident you'll be cool.

nice guys tend to be under-agressive and do not step up to the plate. you shouldn't be disrespectful but show her that you are willing to take initiative.

NOPE! nice guys>good guys.

It's attractive when a guy that has it all together!

Source(s): I am a 20 year old girl and I've dated but haven't had a bf yet because I want to find a GOOD guy and not settle for every jerk that comes my way.