Rose asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is Sarah Michelle Gellar making a Buffy the vampire slayer movie?

i heard SMG is making a buffy movie does anyone know if this is true

Favorite Answer

no;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filmography

In Production

This Side of the Looking Glass (2010) (pre-production) (rumored)

The Wonderful Maladys (2009) (TV) (pre-production) .... Alice Malady

Veronika Decides to Die (2009) (completed) .... Veronika

"Robot Chicken" .... Becky / ... (6 episodes, 2005-2009)

- Love, Maurice (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Sarah Connor

- Celebutard Mountain (2007) TV episode (voice) .... Blair Warner / Becky / Big Bad Wolf's Wife

- 1987 (2006) TV episode (voice) .... Surgeon/Woman

- Operation Rich in Spirit (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Daphne Blake / Samara Morgan

- Joint Point (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Romance Woman/Various

(1 more)

Possession (2009) (V) .... Jessica

Suburban Girl (2007) .... Brett Eisenberg

TMNT (2007) (voice) .... April O'Neil

... aka Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (USA: long title)

The Air I Breathe (2007) .... Sorrow

... aka Fragmentos del destino (Mexico)

• Karen

I am sorry to inform you that "Buffy" the series was born from Buffy the Vampire Slayer", movie released back in 1992, staring Kristy Swanson, Donald Sutherland, and Luke Perry. There is also a comic, animated series, and other media about Buffy on the market.

Apparently, SMG says "never say never" to reprising her role, but is not sure that it would be successful if they tried to make Buffy into a movie. It came from a flop movie in the '90s, and I think they would rather leave it as a TV show... Then again, Stargate came from a '90s flop movie, and then did 10+ tv seasons... shortly followed by 2 made-for-DVD movies. Much weirder things have happened...

A couple of years back there was a contract - not set in stone, though. But now nothing is planned out - Joss has plans for a continuing storyline, as is evident in his comics of season eight. I think that SMG will only do a feature film of Buffy and Joss has been having trouble in getting it done. I hope that, eventually, there will be one - because that would be super.

Hmm I highly doubt it, considering she has a bunch of roles lined up for future films but none of them are related to Buffy. Also, Joss Whedon, creator of the Buffy TV series, is busy with his current show Dollhouse on Fox, starring Eliza Dushku (who played Faith in the Buffy series), and he also has Buffy season 8 in comics.

• Liana

Not true. She does, however, have three movies currently in production to be released within the next year.

Nowhere does it say she's signed on to it, nor does it say this movie even exists in production, so I'm gonna say no

I wish, but no. It was only a rumor.

• Jeffy.

It is not true.