why hasn't this fruit rotted yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?1?

so i ate a pack of those apples you know, that are in a little baggie already chopped up for you earlier this morning and i dropped one and i was gonna throw it away when i went downstairs so i just set it on my desk and

after 12 hours shouldn't it be turned brown?!?!

well it isn't it's just white and like...squishy

is it genetically engineered like genetically engineered potatoes O.o

2 Answers

Relevance
  • beebs
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you can bet its genetically modified-MOST fruits and veggies sold in grocery stores are GMO. The stuff in packages is treated with a bunch of chemicals to keep it from turning brown, and to prevent the enzymes from activating, which is what causes fresh fruit to turn brown. you would be far better off forgoing the convenience of the prepackaged, chemical laden garbage, and slicing up a fresh, organic apple for yourself. Most people are totally unaware that the produce they buy in stores has been genetically modified, since it does not have to be labeled as such. Even some organics are from GMO seeds. I grow as much of my own stuff as possible, and buy the rest from trusted sources. That GMO frankenfood is creepy.

• 1 decade ago

That could be, but also, when you make a fruit salad you can squeeze lemon juice on it to prevent it from turning brown. They also sell citric acid for people that preserve goods (added during canning) and it does the same thing. So there are non-GMO techniques.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.