Is it true lots of Swedish men are gay?

I am half Swedish and am gay. People say a lot of Swedish men are gay. My younger brother is bisexual too.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh ffs you damn nationalists (and so are the people you've talked to btw.. I bet they are Americans.. renowned for knowing everything about the world and to make justified ).. We have as many gay people as any other western country.. geez.. I live in Sweden and I only know of one gay guy (at least he is gayish.. very gayish..) I also know of two lesbians but that has nothing to do with this..

As a side note or whatever, since you're gay you might want to know that Sweden was the first in the world to give so called full partnerships to gay people. That was waaay back in 1979.. we didn't give them the "right to marry" because we thought that what we had done meant that (with the exception that they weren't wed in the church).. I think that's the reason it hasn't happened sooner.. or maybe no one thought about it.. I mean it's an old law and people forget things.. I thought that gay people were allowed to marry in church already.. Learning that they weren't was surprising and irritating and humiliating.. we are supposed to stand for equality. The most equal nation in the world (Sweden) should have done this ages ago.

• border
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Swedish Gay

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is it true lots of Swedish men are gay?

I am half Swedish and am gay. People say a lot of Swedish men are gay. My younger brother is bisexual too.

Source(s): true lots swedish men gay: https://biturl.im/QHlME
  • 6 years ago

I think it's a very ignorant thing to say that sweden has more gay people then other countries. What is true if that we as a country have been working hard with the right for LGBT (Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) and working against hate crimes. This probably make people less afraid to reveil their sexualit.

I'm Swedish and not gay..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This is a new cliche that I've never heard before. But like all of its kinds, it is just ludicrous. This is also some sort of dsiscrimination. And of course it is not true. Swedish men are not balder or not more homosexual than any oyther Europeans.

• 6 years ago

True,I came to sweden to meet swedish girls and I no one swedish girl wanted to meet me but a lot of gay men wanted. My opinin is that swedish women are most xenofobic and men most are gay

• 1 decade ago

Boy, this is a common stereotype in Finland ( = "all Swedish men are gay") :-D

Maybe it is because Swedish men tend to dress well and groom themselves more than Finnish males. I don't know really :-/

• James
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, lots of Swedish men are gay (but I don't know if an inordinate percentage of them are gay).

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That doesn't mean anything just because you are gay, and your brother is bi, doesn't mean all swedish men are gay

• 1 decade ago

i'm 50% swedish and gay ^__^

so if it is true (never really noticed) then that's pretty interesting.

Sweden is amazing!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.