Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

why was frank sinatra so important or influential?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I believe that Frank was one of the first singers than made women go a little nuts. It may not have been quite as insane as Elvis or the Beatles, but he definitely was considered an idol back in the day. Then there were the Mafia related rumors, and I think a lot of people feared him or the gangsters he seemed to have associated himself with. He was also trying to get in with the Kennedy family during JFKs campaign to be president, and there are theories that he was the one who pushed Marilyn to have an affair with one or both of the Kennedy Brothers after he had himself had an affair with her.

• 3 years ago

while Sinatra began because of the fact the lead singer in Harry James's band in 1939 and later in Tommy Dorsey's band in 1940 to 1942 the singer became a function of the "large Bands". in the midst of a "large Band" overall performance the singer would sing in straightforward terms component of it. yet because of the fact of his voice and attractiveness human beings needed to make certain and hear extra of the "lead singer". because of the fact of him the singer got here into his own. while he left Dorsey and went on his own in 1943, he became the 1st "teenager idol" along with his performances on the Paramount in manhattan. Many different band singers and "teenager idols" have been to persist with in his footsteps. Many different male singers tried to sing in his form. He had large impact. He became a "music and dance guy" in the time of WWII with video clips like "on the city" and Anchors Aweigh". He went directly to make over 50 movies. He became a large actor prevailing an Academy Award with "From right here to Eternity". He became between the surest adult men in teach employer. He recorded hundreds of songs with Columbia, Capital and ultimately Reprise archives. He revamped 200 albums. scores of songs are pointed out with him like "nighttime and Day", "manhattan, manhattan", "Come Fly With Me", and so on. The record looks countless. he's nicely widely used for his nightclub and tv appearances. He had friendships with political leaders like JFK, activities figures like Joe DiMaggio, and underworld figures. He had beneficial or damaging relationships with only approximately all and sundry significant in teach employer. There are only maximum of sides to the guy. i'm hoping that I even have been a help to you.

• because he had such class, style, and personality

what he may of lacked vocally he made up for in showmanship

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.