Fraud5ter asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Anyone know what kind of Newt this is?

Update:

i was under the impression that fire bellied newts such as the chinese or japanese fire bellies had red bellies with black blotches this newt has a black belly with red blotches so if it is a fire belly i was looking for what type of specific firebelly this is..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • J C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its hard to tell from the photo's but i would guess

hong kong warty newt (Paramesotriton hongkongensis ) these are the most common warty newt

tam doa warty newt (Paramesotriton deloustali) these are pretty rare in captivity

japanese fire bellied newt (Cynops pyrrhogaster) which look at bit like the pictures and are common in captivity and the belly pattern can vary alot bettween the different "races" (see http://caudata.org/cc/species/Cynops/C_pyrrhogaste...

they are definatly not chinese fire bellys, they have the wrong shaped heat and are warty when chinese fbns are smooth.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think their Chinese Fire-Bellied Newts. I have a Japanese Fire-Bellied Newt. She Is 4 inches long. Hope Im right

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

It looks like a fire belly newt but you can ask your local pet store they should be able to tell you for sure.

• Thats a fire-belly newt...

Source(s): Used to have one.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

fire bellied newt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.