Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 decade ago

What is this piano piece?

I don't know who wrote it, but here are parts of the melody that I remember -- with note durations. Thanks so much if you can help!

I remember it starts with a couple of these "runs". These notes might be sixteenth notes, but in any case they're all the same duration--and go pretty fast:

FAFC CFCA ACAF FAFC (up)E

You can imagine the fingering as 3531 for each one, middle-pinky-middle-thumb. So FAFC would be F, up to A, back down to F, down to C.

This run repeats, I think.

Later another melody takes over:

6/8 -, -, -, -, -, -, | G, -, C, -, -, Bb, | A, -, C, -, -, A, | G, -, C, -, -, Bb, | A, -, C, -, -, -, | A, -, D, -, -, C, | Bb, -, D, -, -, Bb | A, -, D, -, -, C, | Bb, -, D, -, -, Bb, | C, -, F, -, -, Eb | D, -, F, -, - etc.

6/8 is the time signature, sorry it's weird, but it got even weirder when I tried to make eighth rests in 3/4 time. So:

"-" is an eighth rest.

"," marks the end of an eighth beat

"|" is that bar at the end of a measure

"Bb" is B flat

"Eb" is E flat

This melody might be played with fingering:

6/8 2, -, 5, -, -, 4, | 3, -, 5, -, -, 3, | 2, -, 5, -, -, 4, | 3, -, 5, -, -, -, | etc.

Please use this flash piano ( http://numbera.com/musictheory/piano.aspx ) in pop-up so it's easy!

I hope this time the notes are clear!