Can you use a commercial wood chipper to chip up old tires to make your own rubber mulch?

I know it would take a lot of old tires, but I really want to try it and see if I can save some money. The cost of rubber mulch is way high!

• Ken E
    Favorite Answer

This is not a good idea. Most tires are steel belted. The steel belts are very strong steel. It would tear up wood chipper since it is not designed to grind up steel wires.

• machen

Tire Chipper

I wouldnt reccomend it. Tires have steel belts and probly would ruin the chipper and dull the blades. The cost of a new chipper is most likely more than your rubber mulch.

You are probably tired of looking through stacks and stacks of projects on woodworking in magazines and books of all kinds for some instructions on how to do a certain project. Here is a site which offers 16000 plans https://tr.im/eTBXk

How would you like to have woodworking plans (actually thousands of them) available to you anytime you wanted them. It would be so easy when you do not have to paw through all kinds of old magazines but have it right there at your fingertips.