Can I shut down my computer but still continue the download of my torrents when I open my computer? Pls Answer?

I am downloading a torrent which is 15. 12 gigabytes but I was thinking if I can pause for a while then continue the next day because my computer is quite old, it might be destroyed if I wouldn't give it a rest. Please answer ASAP! I need your help now!

Favorite Answer

Yeah, i think so.

• Yes you can do that.

But your computer does not need a rest because it is old. Computers are designed to run. They don't need a coffee break, or vacations like people do. Unless it is overheating which would mean you have a problem your computer can run for days at a time. I have machines that are 5 + years old that run all the time with no ill affects.

Anytime you shut down your computer you stop any downloading it is doing and it will not start back up downloading where it left off.

Yes we can. Shut down the computer in "Hibernate" mode. When you start your computer it will continute the last actions.

Yes, you can do that. Thats the beauty of torrents.

Yes you can continue your download when you switch it back on.