Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who has seen INTO THE WILD with Emile Hirsch?

Do you think that Emile Hirsch deserved an Oscar nomination?

Favorite Answer

Yes, he gave a very good performance. I was stunned when i saw that he wasn't nominated, i felt his performance was one of the most touching and captivating i have ever seen, it truly touched me.

Holbrook (from the same movie) who played the "adoptive" father, should have gotten a nomination too...

I can't belive that the Academy ignored this movie.

AGAIN..

I feel Hirsch was ripped off this year as well, he was amazing in Milk too.

Hopefully, he gets his MUCH DESERVED Oscar someday....

Into the Wild was a fantastic movie and I liked Emile Hirsch. Holbrook deserved Best Supporting. I don't like Sean Penn but I still loved the movie.

Imho There Will Be Blood was the worse movie of 2007and it was the only movie with Daniel day Lewis that I truly despised.

most definitely ^^ into the wild is one of the most touching films i've ever seen and emile portrayed chis flawlessly

and i also agree that holbrook should have won an award. his performance was excellent as well ♥

i think it's a shame that movies like into the wild win nothing while slumdog millionaire wins 8. into the wild was 100x better than slumdog millionaire, at least in my opinion.

Yes, I think that is when he pukes too.

• no he was good but movie was disappointing to me