What do you westerners think of the situation in Pakistan?

Taliban has taken over the northern parts of Pakistan already. The worst part being the local support enjoyed by the terrorists in Pakistan. How concerned are you given the fact that all of US' most wanted terrorists, including Osama bin Laden, are now suspected to be having a jolly good time somewhere in the tribal regions of Pakistan?

@Sophall

Well you are kind of right when you say the news can't be entirely trusted, but videos like that of the public beating of a woman for coming out of her home with a man who was not her husband or brother speak quite a lot about the situations in northern Pakistan.The Pakistani government is not in control of the area, and the ridiculous rules of the Taliban are in place. I feel it's a very dangerous situation.The US is trying to target the terrorists with the drone-attacks but that will always prove to be counter productive as the terrorists will only use it to gather sympathy of the locals there.That in turn will make the people support their ideologies with even more conviction leading to easy recruiting by the terrorists organizations operating there.I think Pakistan government should take charge but I don't think they have the will or the strength to do it.They are busier trying to portray Pakistan as a victim of terror and score some aid-moolah.Its a sad state of affairs.

Favorite Answer

Im not sure of the situation in Pakistan personally people expect others to understand everything that is going on but how can you fully trust the news (Hear in Great Britain we get news coverage on it.. but yet not alot of people have there own opinions and don't bother making there own opinions). When most of the news that is broadcasted is slightly biased, in some occasions unintentionally biased. For Example in the Summer were Russia invaded north of Georgia.. the land wasn't even georgian to start of with all well mostly Hear in Britain we heard was that United States thought it was not right and they were giving threats to Russia to stop immediately. People in Great Britain don't get a detailed explanation of : Why was Russia there anyway? All we get from the news and news i mean most if not all newspaper's saying that Russia is a threat to the west.. Many people read these articles believing everything they read because they do not no any better.. i know only a handful of people who will admit that they do not believe everything they read and only myself and one other who are confident to express what they believe personally rather than what other people who have achieved a journalism degree believe in.

( Sorry there is no real point to this answer.. i would however maybe like to hear your opinions of what you think of pakistan and the east at the moment. Considering you said in your question "What do you" I'm guessing that you are from the east. Correct me if I am wrong) ?

Thank-you,

v

v To the person who commented down there.. how are fellow American's oblivious to the stuff outside the borders.. when your troop's are in the East.. does this mean you have no say what so ever in what you government decides or is there not enough coverage even though Pakistan .. is from what is on the news over here quite a discussed topic..?

The other person who answered when did you heard Osama was dead by who ?

Source(s): My brain :)

I'm not a westerner, but as an Iranian all I can say I wish health and good life for you and I'm sorry that my country is sorrounded by Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc. If this same Iran was situated somewhere outside the middle east, people in the west would have loved it so much, cos at that time it woulnt be among such troubled countries and it wouldn't have so much oil so the westrern governments would stop making up so much propaganda against it.

Source(s): Iranian
  • zahid

"Taliban has taken over the northern parts of Pakistan already.

The worst part being the local support enjoyed by the terrorists in Pakistan",

So IF they are terrorists then you know we are self sufficient in this field ,

Hence no US terror needed.

*** @ iranian : Sorry young man you should review your views on your neighbors.

• kim h

I wish that I could help you. I saw the picture of that girl being flogged in this mornings paper. I hope that help is coming. This cannot be allowed to happen. You should not have to live like that. I will never understand how people can treat other people like this. I read what goes on over there each day.

• herzog

the rationalization for Pak's isolation isn't a secret. the rationalization is, Pak govt isn't prepared to make a typical attempt to abolish terrorism. and each rattling one in this earth love their expensive existence, and could no longer take an excellent gamble of parting with it. Terrorists look to have an aversion to anybody who's white (optimistically, they'll spare albinos), and Pakistani extremists choose for to annihilate something Indian. And the govt.of Pakistan lacks the backbone face as much as those damaging forces. and prefer politicians of the different u . s . a ., Pak Politicians have their very own agendas to pursue and guard, and are egocentric, grasping, and care little or no with reference to the undemanding human beings and the rustic's wellbeing. They use terrorists as a manner to realize what they choose for, and return the prefer by making use of turning a blind eye to although the terrorists do. some blame of Pak Cricket's isolation could pass to Ijaz Butt. He embezzled with PCB money, banned gamers and reversed the ban and made an absolute mockery.He grew to become PCB right into a circus, and did no longer something to sell cricket in Pakistan or guard PCB's pastimes globally. It became so obtrusive that, all it required to make Ijaz Butt to close the eff up became funds. Butt made sufficient noise on the initiating, yet went silent finally. What desires to be accomplished so as that cricket will return to Pakistan? I reckon the region in Pakistan is so grim, even Bangladeshi cricketers are no longer prepared to excursion Pakistan. to alter this occasion one million. A stable government, it fairly is reason on recuperating living circumstances and wellbeing of the human beings and that may administration the army and stifle the terrorists, desires to be in ability. 2. as quickly as Pakistan instruments their living house so as, they might desire to enhance relationships with its neighbour. If Pakistan improves their relationship with India, issues will exchange dramatically. in the previous, India had sent their cricket group Pakistan as a goodwill gesture, and a if India excursion Pakistan, it is going to allay the terror of different cricketing worldwide places. and all human beings could understand that issues won't enhance between India & Pakistan until and until the perpetrators of 26/11 are convicted for their deeds. in the event that they have the flexibility to do above issues, concern will enhance. even even though it is going to nonetheless take time to normalise concern in Pakistan.

Honestly most of my fellow Americans are completely oblivious to happenings outside our borders...but Pakistan looks like a ticking time bomb to me.

Osama is dead