How do i know if this woman in a refugee camp in senegal is really a scam?

This woman in senegal in the refugee camp sent me phone numbers,email adresses and pictures. I dont know how it is a scam please can somone help me understand more?

she isnt asking for any money shes offering me 9.7 million dollars but i emailed her and told her i wont take the money. i cant help through red cross my parents think im too young but all i want to do is help people in need.

• mia
    Favorite Answer

there are not refugee camps in senegal

she wants to get chatting to you so get either a green card of get your identity

let me guess this is the scam mail you got ...

My Dearest ,

Goodmorning to you and how are you getting on?.I believe that you are

doing well.thanks your interest and care about my present condition here in

senegal.God will protect and reward you for taking care of an orphan and i will

equally reciprocate your kind gestures to me. I am 21 years old girl

living here in the refugee camp.

I send and recieve emails at the church office here in camp.I used to

be a first year law student in the university before the killing of my

parents by the rebel and ever since then my life has not been what it use to be..I

appreciated your interest to assist me transfer my money to your

position pending my arrival to meet with you to start a new life. As i told you

in my previous mail, iam presently living in the refugee camp here in dakar

senegal as a result of the death of my parents. I fasted and prayed to

God before he revealed to me that you are the right person to help me out

from this horriable place i found myself.

Moreover,i need your assistant because i want to do out with Africa

entirly due to political instability.

Please call me today(tuesday) possibly after contacting the bank so

that we can talk more about my situation here in senegal.

Things are very difficult here and all my hopes is for you to assist me

transfer 9.7 million dollarsdeposited by my late father at EQUITORIAL

TRUST BANK PLC LONDON .to your position so that you can send some money

for me to prepare my travelling documents to meet with you.

I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money and the

only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on

my behalf due to my refugee status.

In this regards i will like you to contact the bank immediately with

this information,telling them that

you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities

of assisting me transfer my 9.7 million dollars deposited by my late

father Dr nanuan doago of which iam the next of kin.

The contact information of the bank is as follows,

EQUITORIAL TRUST BANK PLC LONDON the Email addresses is

(EQUITRUST@the-stock-market.com)

(customerservice@equitorialtrustplc.com )

The name of the transfer officer is Mr Sylvester Owens

Telephone number + 0044-70-40-11-79-14 Fax number +44-709-280-4174

When you contact the bank tell them that you are my foreigh partner and

that you want to assist me transfer my money to your account due to my

refugee status here in Dakar Senegal.

God bless you as i wait for your call today.

Miss clara.

This is a typical Nigerian 419 scam. Don't fall for it. Just google "senegal refugee camp" and you'll find thousands of hits regarding scams.

Read here about some scams involving Senegal refugee camps.

http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-penpal.htm

Think about it, if she had access to $9.7 million, she wouldn't need any help. That's enough money to support every refugee camp throughout the continent for a few months.

How would she have access to these things if she was in a refugee camp? Very suspect! For real. They don't even have medical care but they have computers, phones, etc? If you want to help people, which it sounds like you do (and that is a good thing in this world, don't get me wrong!) volunteer through the Red Cross or donate money to UNICEF or something. This reeks of scam. Put your money and efforts into something you know is legitimate!

ETS: Ahhh, this scam! It is a famous one. She will tell you she cannot access the money, but she will transfer it to your account and then you can somehow send it to her via another way. All she needs is your bank account number so she can deposit the money. See where this is going? Then once she has your bank number she will just remove all the money from it. OR, all you have to do to help her get her 9 million, is to send her x amount of dollars for a wire transfer fee or bribe for officials or other such nonsense, and then she will split the 9 million with you. Needless to say, "she" just takes your x amount of dollars and you never see the money your are promised. It will not make you feel any better, but many people have fallen for this. I put a link at the bottom for you. This "lady" does not exist. It is just a variation on the fraud below

If your parents will not let you volunteer at Red Cross, what about at a food bank at a local church, or at a homeless shelter? These places are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers such as yourself.

It's a scam. These types of emails are always scams. The sender is not a woman, and isn't in a refugee camp. Ask yourself - if she was really in a refugee camp, how is she accessing the internet? Please do some research on internet scams on sites like "Scamwarners", to learn how to identify scams, how these scams work, and how to protect yourself from them. She may be offering you money now, but there will be fees that need to be paid in order to receive it, etc. There is no money - it is a scam to get you to pay the so-called fees.

Source(s): www.scamwarners.com

There is any lady named Enderlin ododa in Dakar, Senegal refugee camp. She write me a letter for help her. What should i do.

I have heard from several scammers using different names and photos, but all with the same scam. So my "character" plays them up to the point that they expect to receive money from my character...only to be told that another "refugee" in perhaps the very same camp needs my help more. That's where a Russian scammer, Anna Ivanova, comes in handy. It pisses them off and I love it. I've played a Lois Godlin Zamba and her fly-infested internet chums three times under three different characters now.

Watch about this girl seems to be in a camp Dakar Senegal claim her father was killed by rebels; she use the name miss Lucy Winpoe and she says is the next kin of her late father his mother was killed by heart attack after sudden her father being killed.

Trusting you to help transfer the left amount of money of her father to your account.

Want you to pay the lawyer to get document of power of attorney and the oath to come and live with you where your are.

Be careful; no Refugee camp in Dakar Senegal no truth of late her father Mr. Harold Winpoe they want to steal your money and they use the name of the Bank (STANDARD CHARTARD BANK PLC London) E-mails and the person you can contact with; I thing they are team thieves be aware I doubt absolutely nothing to them they will steal your money.

Block them for your safety account; don't give them your account number or send them your money by Western Union Money transfer you will loose left owe them.

I receive 3, 4 emails of similar nature, which i think all are based on false stories..All seems to be a part of some gang, who intends to earn money through courier companies, who demand huge courier charges while delivering cheques and other documents in your name. All is just a scam planning.

It's a scam. there have been a number of people here and in the immigration section asking the same question for several weeks now, so it's been going around, obviously. they're looking for access to foreign bank accounts to loot them and for private information to steal identities. anytime someone writes you out of the blue and offers to share millions of dollars with you, it's a scam and nothing but.

is there a woman name is gift lakarme in a refugee camp in dakar,senegal

It's a scam