Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Allan
Lv 6
Allan asked in SportsAuto RacingFormula One · 1 decade ago

Will Lewis Hamilton or McLaren be banned?

I feel sorry for Dave Ryan after 35 years at McLaren he suddenly starts lying to gain one championship point? I dont think so. Also where is Ron Dennis during all of this

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no, i doubt either will be banned over this.

however, this isn't Lewis' first big offense (even though this wasn't his whole fault, he was just doing as instructed by Ryan)

i do fear for Lewis and his long term future, he seems too reckless when he drives and hasn't got the right attitude out of the cockpit.

if he sorts himself out, he can then help Mclaren sort themselves out (they have not been he most consistent team lately)

Source(s): lifelong F1 follower
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am sure FIA is smart enough not to ban one of their top teams. There may be a fine, but no further points deduction.

Ron Dennis is still the Chairman and CEO of the McLaren group. He has handed over the day to day running of the team to Martin Whitmarsh this year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What they did was not the fault of any one person but the fact that they tried to shift the blame away from Lewis and soley on Dave was a bit of a pussy move by the team. It did work because from what I have read, the FIA feel that the apology and the teams suspension of their sporting director is punishment enough and they are no longer looking to go after them.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

in line with threat the clarification that Lewis' supporters stick up for him is via the fact he gets such vitriolic bashing from such particularly some followers and there's a foul and hateful side to particularly some it which for me seems slightly over the impressive for a sportsman you have in no way met so do no longer incredibly be attentive to the genuine guy or woman. As for the no added penalty for suited, nicely, in the tip there grew to become into no allure grew to become into there? the only factor desperate on Monday grew to become into that there grew to become into no suitable to allure the penalty so as that they could no longer punish greater via fact technically he and McLaren in trouble-free terms tried to allure, they did no longer certainly allure via fact it grew to become into inadmissible. To be truthful the Spa incident has now been finished to death and the well-known public attempt to bypass on. One final factor, Fernando stated final week that he had no problem with Lewis, he in trouble-free terms has an issue with Ron Dennis and so on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the team may tell Hamilton to do some thing dishonest but he should have had the self respect not to cheat.the only one driving the car was him.

• Zyfert
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think Dennis will be happy to be far away.

Here is an article about the affair:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/a...

• 1 decade ago

Never...

If they weren't expelled for Stepney-gate... then this is just child's play (literally) :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.