History Questions please help?
Why did Spain set up colonies in the new world?
1 To set up a fur trading industry
2 To establish homes for people form Spain
3 To capture slaves to sell other countries
4 To protect its claims on the new world land and wealth
Which products were most important t the southern colonies?
1 Iron and copper
2 Tobacco, indigo, and rice
3 Fish and lumber
4 Barley, corn, rye
The new york state constitution and the united states constitution both provide for
1 A federal system of government
2 An electoral college
3 A two house legislative branch
4 Elections every 6 years
In what area would an archaeologist find evidence of the Aztec civilization
1 Southwestern u.s
3 On the great plains
Which of the following was a representative assembly that made local laws for Jamestown?
1 Mayflower compact
2 House of burgesses
3 General court
4 Virginia company
Which action is the best example of checks and balances
1 Voting in the electoral college
2 The president vetoing a bill
3 Congress voting on a new bill
4 The supreme court passing a bill
The three fifths compromise dealt with which of the following issues
1 Taxation w/o representation
2 Creation of a two house legislative body
3 Counting of the slave population for representation
4 Importing slaves into the country
The variety of people and ideas in the middle colonies contributed
1 Free education for all
2 Prejudice and lack of unity
3 The spread of slavery
4 Tolerance and prosperity
The purpose of the bill of rights is to
1 Support the federal government
2 Secure the rights of the president
3 Support the idea of check and balances
4 Protect the basic rights of citizens
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
I won’t list the numbers for you because that is cheating, but I will explain as best as I can the answer to each question:
1) The Spanish Empire was one of the largest in world history. It was also one of the first global empires. It included territories and colonies ruled by Spain in Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa and Oceania between the 15th and late 19th centuries. After Christopher Columbus lead the first Spanish exploratory voyage across the Atlantic, which led to the discovery of North America, the New World became the focus of the new Spanish Empire. This time was dubbed the Age of Discovery. Conquistadors also played an important role during this time.
2) The main source for wealth in the Southern colonies was the tobacco crop. That played a crucial role in the colonies in the south dependence on slaves.
3) The New York government is not a federal government, the federal government is only established by the U.S. constitution. The electoral college elect the president of the United States, as stated in the U.S. Constitution, section 1, clause 2. Elections are every four years for the executive branch, and every two years for Senators and House Representatives. Both the state of New York and the Federal Government have both a majority and minority house. They are also known as the Democratic Party and the Republican Party (a.k.a. GOP).
4) The Aztec people were the people of Tenochtitlan. The Aztec Empire was formed over large parts of Mesoamerica in the 14th-16th century. The term Aztec refers to certain ethnic groups of central Mexico.
5) The Mayflower Compact was the first governing document of the Plymouth Colony. It was written by the Separatists later known as the Pilgrims who crossed the Atlantic aboard the Mayflower. The Virginia House of Burgesses was the first elected lower house in the legislative assembly in the New World in the Colony of Virginia in 1619, now known as the Commonwealth of Virginia. They would meet annually at Jamestown, it was similar to the British Parliament. The term general court from the Colonial Era comes from when the body of the state legislature would sit in judgment of judicial appeals cases. The Virginia Company refers to the a pair of English joint stock companies chartered by James I in 1606 for establishing settlements on the east coast of North America (The London Company and the Plymouth Company). The established the settlement in Plymouth, Massachusetts and the Jamestown Settlement.
6) The Elector College are popularly elected representatives (electors) who formally select the President and Vice President in the United States. This involves no checks or balances. When Congress passes a bill, the President must sign it into law. If he doesn’t within ten days, the bill must be reconsidered by Congress. This is called a veto. This is a check and balance between the executive and legislative branch. When Congress votes on a bill, it only concerns the Congress. The U.S. Supreme Court does not pass bills. It deals primarily with the Constitution and the law.
7) “No taxation without representation” was a slogan during 1763-1776 concerning the British colonists in the Thirteen Colonies. They believed the lack of direct representation in the distant British Parliament was an illegal denial of their rights. The creation of the two house legislative body came about because the larger states wanted a proportional representation by population, and the smaller states wanted equal representation. James Madison came up with a compromise for a bicameral Congress. The House of Representatives was delegated according to population, and the Senate delegated equally to all states. Importing slaves was a problem, but the three-fifths compromise stated that slaves’ votes were worth three-fifths of a vote. It was a compromise between northerners who thought it was unfair to include slave votes because they were free states, and southerners wanted the slave vote to count so that they could have an advantage over northern states.
8) The Middle Colonies, also known as the Bread Colonies, were one area of the Thirteen Colonies. They became New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and Delaware. This question is more about logic than anything. Diversity would not necessarily lead to education, or the spread of slavery. Prejudice and lack of unity is also not correct. The Middle Colonies were unusually tolerant and because of this, they prospered.
9) The Bill of Rights is the first ten amendments in the U.S. Constitution. You should know what the Bill of Rights is by now. The freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly, and right to petition. The right to bear arms. Protection from quartering troops. Protection from unreasonable search and seizure. Due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, and eminent domain. Trial by jury, rights of the accused, Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel. Civil trial by jury. Prohibition of
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Do it yourself...look it up in the textbook or on the internet and stop depending on others to fix your problems. Cheating is pathetic