My computer is running slower than usual?

My computer is running slower than usual and i cant find a virus at all.

any tips on how to make sure there is nothing slowing it down ?

Favorite Answer

Hey :).

well it all bulls down to what operating system you currently have installed. if you have Vista then im afraid that is your problem, it is a massive resource hog when it comes to memory, graphical and CPU Usage.

down below are a few links i use when i tweak vista, please be careful when tweaking the System Services, make sure a proper person knows what he/she is doing, disabling some might cause your pc to screw up.

haveing too mnay programs starting on start up, click the ORB or START, and click RUN.

type in " MSCONFIG " and click START UP.

disable all the programs you dont want to start up,

virus scanner, fire wall yh leave them alone, but stuff like

windows messenger, other ullititys that you dont really need running.

if you have XP do the above with msconfig.

use Housecall, online Virus Scanner just to be sure.

i always use it, does the job :).

PS: im not shouting with the caps :), alittle message thingy >>

Did you leave the Caps Lock key on? Using all caps can be perceived as shouting.. lol

There are too many junk files and duplicate files in the registry of your pc. What you can do is to clean up them, then your pc will become faster. What you need to do is to find a good cleaner. You can search some on the Internet. I know some of this kind of soft wares. You can try Reg cure, Reg defense, etc.. I used another one. You also can have a try. I like it very much because I think it is the easiest to use among this kind of soft waresand I feel it is very efficient. i hope it can help you. http://www.1Click-Optimize-Pc.com

Did u install anything new? Otherwise use norton Internet security to check. Best checker in the world but it slows down ur comp. so after u finish uninstall it.

find the connector