Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Does a color tattoo hurt more than black one afterwards?

Hi, I'm planning on getting a tattoo that's part color and part black. I've heard that although they feel the same when getting the tattoo, the color part burns and is more painful afterwards than the black tattoo. Is this true?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no difference. Some people who get color get many layered, etc., so they might be getting more work done than if if were just a black and gray tattoo. That would be the only difference.

Sometimes white seems to hurt more.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Like some touching a BAD sunburn. It's bearable in most places. The lower back will probably be the most tender. The wrist and forearm should be no problem. Do a lot of thinking before you get a tattoo. You'll be wearing it for the rest of your life. Be sure it's something you won't be ashamed of later. Consider also your job or career. Will that tat' on your wrist or forearm be acceptable if it's going to show?

• 1 decade ago

I never noticed a difference, but I only have one colour tattoo. All the others I have are black only. But my artist has never said anything like that.

• 1 decade ago

no, color tattoos dont hurt more than black ones. but they bleed out really easily so you wanna make sure to follow the aftercare instructions religiously so that you dont have to go get it touched up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no its the same kind of ink going into you just a different color. If you have a good tattoo artisit working on you they wont have to go over it more than once.

Source(s): have alot of tatts
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Total Bunk.

False false false.

Source(s): Candice the Tattooist.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it feels the same with or no color.

the outline is what hurts the most!

the shadeing does not hurt.

and after your done it is just swollen

• 1 decade ago

Nope. Total urban legend. It all hurts the same.

Source(s): 16 tattoos, all color.
  • 1 decade ago

Not that I've ever noticed.

Source(s): I've got five tattoos.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.