Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 decade ago

how do i remove my house from google street view ?

?

Favorite Answer

My friend is in the process of being removed -

He forwarded this email to me;

---------------------------------------

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

1. Provide your legal name.

2. Provide your e-mail address.

3. Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

4. Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

5. Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver's license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

6. Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to maps-legal@google.com within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.

Regards,

The Google Team

---------------------------------------

I also found a copy of this on the below source.

It turns out that people who are concerned for their own privacy can report the particular image to Google for removal. If you click on "Street View Help," you will be brought to a window that allows you to report the inappropriate image (bottom link).

No. Frankly i don't believe all this nonsense about "Oh they can see into my the residing room" - and as for some thing of it, i discover it fairly a useful interest to "troll" my community neighbourhood from the relax of my personal armchair. those who don't love being considered could keep their curtains pulled - and because it takes position, even as they got here round MY way, it replaced into an outstanding sunny day, i'm on the floor floor and that i had the tremendous window open on the bottom. in case you try searching interior all you'll discover is a black hollow - no information in any respect are seen - and that is what i'm getting anyplace i have tried that trick.

• Tl T

Go to the place of your house and click the report concern button if you are in the UK... that's it! that's how I got mine removed without any concern!

YOU CANT